Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure equinox light + powerbank ?
  • paul0
    Free Member

Anyone tried powering an Exposure light (ideally an Equinox) from a USB powerbank? i.e. not just charging it, but using the powerbank to extend runtime?

The high capacity powerbanks from the likes of Anker look like they should be able to supply enough juice. I checked with Exposure who replied saying they couldn’t guarantee it would work. Any real life experience out there? There’s a few old threads, but nothing definite I could see.

Alternative is a dedicated support cell battery, either from Exposure themselves, or mtb batteries. But then I couldn’t use it to also charge phone and other devices

dovebiker

I have an Equinox and have a couple of piggy-back cells that I’ve used for longer rides so can’t why there’s any reason a higher-capacity power bank wouldn’t do the same.

johnnystorm

Might be helpful, might not but…

I used my Diabolo as my main light on the AMR and a couple of Charmast usb battery packs to power it up. It was fine keeping the light going but once the diabolo went flat they were no good for getting it going again so I had to use a wall charger to recharge it again.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Just looking at my email from my batteries earlier last year….

£54 for a four cell support battery for my Equinox.

Seems fine so far

paul0
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Sounds like a dedicated support battery might be best option. Reading elsewhere looks like they run at a lower voltage than USB (3.7v rather than 5v) which maybe the light recognises differently.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure equinox light + powerbank ?’ is closed to new replies.