Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Exposure 2412
  • superstu
    Free Member

Anyone else there this weekend?

Missed last year but took part this time around, but different from the mud fest of two years ago!

Great course as normal, bit of everything and the long climb at the start was at least just one of those sit and spin affairs. Lots of decent singletrack and the timed downhill section was good fun.

Well organised, had a nice catch up with one of the organisers whilst dealing with a seat that didn’t want to stay in place. Shame to see the numbers down but unsurprising given two bad years of weather, hopefully this reinvigorates it.

Kryton57

Yup.  Raced 12h solo and surprised myself my coming 12th as I’ve been flat all year – I was 9th until 22:57 grrr!   Despite Bronchitis 3 weeks ago, puking up an espresso gel on a ruined lap at the bottom of Cottage return and my neck pain arriving with a vengeance at 7h:30 I felt pretty strong in my legs.   Very much a case of “if only” with regard to putting in one more lap .   Kudos to the girls at the top on the Motivation Station.

My kids first time camping also resulted in 2 podiums in the kids racing so he’s really enjoyed himself this weekend also.

However, I’d say the event felt a bit flat this year.   I appreciate they were huge numbers and therefore funds down but compromises on things like toilets, Jelly Belly not turning up, no big screen and added to that a general emptiness to the event arena wasn’t great.

My biggest thumbs up goes to Simon and his team stoically dishing out pizzas and bacon rolls fuelled by Rioja all weekend 😉

Well done also to Mrs Yak and Steve B77 both picking up podiums this weekend,

mattbee

Gutted I had to miss it this year due to work especially since I suffered through both the last 2 crappy weather years.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Exposure 2412’ is closed to new replies.