Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Explains a lot!!
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Subject: That explains a lot

FINALLY, SOMEONE’S CLEARED THIS UP
    For centuries, Hindu women have worn a dot on their foreheads.
    Most of us have naively thought this was connected with tradition or
    religion, but the Indian Embassy in London has recently revealed the true
    story.

When a Hindu woman gets married in India, she brings a dowry into the union.
    On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see
    whether he’s won a corner shop, a petrol station, a market stall or a taxi in Britain. If nothing is there, he must stay in India to answer telephones and provide us with technical support.

Stoner
    Free Member

duntmatter
    Free Member

erm..

billyboulders
    Free Member

Have I read that username wrong? Should it really be racIST_ralph ?

GrahamS

I laughed.

Drac

Very old and has never been funny.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I laughed too, although I knew that I wasn’t suppose too – does that count ?

…..well actually I realised after I had laughed 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

jeez some uptight pc warriors on here! Loosen up for f*** sake. How is that wrong?

Stoner
    Free Member

How is that wrong?

now that’s funny….

racing_ralph
    Free Member

🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Very stereotypical, and quite ignorant, really. Maybe Hindus would find it funny? I dunno.

Personally, I like this one:

Q: Why don’t Asians/**** play football?

A: ‘Cos every time they get a corner, they open a shop on it.

(FTR my Dad used to run a newsagents, almost on a street corner)

Again, very stereotypical, but not particularly offensive; quite the opposite, I reckon. Celebrates the drive and industriousness of people from the Sub-Continent.

Bit like a more recent ‘joke’, about things being ‘Made in Britain’; IE shoddy and cr4p.

I wouldn’t worry. I’m sure Johnny Foreigner has far worse jokes about the English/British etc.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lol

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Of course, then you’ve got yer Irish and Jewish jokes; all the best ones are in fact made up by the people themselves, and are funny because they involve a great understanding of the culture.

I don’t think people like the lovely Bernard Manning, God rot his soul, told any good jokes, because they were mainly sneering, nasty digs at others, not a gentle nod towards their cultural/racial diversity.

There’s a difference between ‘racial’ jokes, and ‘racist’ ones…

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Very stereotypical, and quite ignorant, really.

Isn’t that often the point of jokes, that they are way off the truth and factual reality – that’s what makes them funny ?

Yes, the joke relies totally on stereotyping and of course only a very ignorant person would believe the bit scratching off the dot 🙄

This is also extremely stereotypical and ignorant :

Not all Germans have toothbrush moustaches and walk the goosestep. Doesn’t mean it’s unacceptable and not funny though.

BTW I’m surprised with you Stoner, as someone who is usually more than happy to take the p1ss out of people’s religion, you appear to be a little touchy about poking fun at Hindus 😯

ffs I can’t believe we’re dissecting jokes now …..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, but it depends of the intent of the joke. If it’s intention is to ridicule and be derogatory toward it’s subject, in a negative way, then it’s out of order. A lot also depends on the context of who tells the joke, and where, too.

Stoner
    Free Member

not bothered with the religeous stuff, more the racist connotations of the expected role in life.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I’m sure my dad wanted me to be a doctor, or a businessman, or summut like that.

‘But Dad, I’m an Artist’

‘Yes, a P1ss-Artist!’

Hairychested
    Free Member

billyboulders – it’s a sad day when one tries to forbid a joke, you should’ve been a Communist Party Activist in USSR (or a Lib Dem one, same trash judging by my councillor’s ideas).

billyboulders
    Free Member

😕 Wasn’t aware of trying to ban anything. Just a pun on racing_ralphs name.
    Sorry Ralph if any offence caused (yes I’m aware of the irony here). Best jokes I’ve seen/heard/know are on subjects worth an instant ban here. People who actually know me would p:ss themselves at the thought of me being accused of being “p.c.” Golden rule of Jokes is they should be funny, whatever the subject matter. If it isn’t funny expect some sort of come back-even if it’s ill advised.

Very quick to condemn on little or no evidence Hairychested, maybe you should have been a <insert fancy link to some load of boll@cks here>
    Or maybe you already are?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Hairychested, I’ve had a quick scan of your link, is there actually any mention of banned jokes ?

Or are you just one of these people who accuses anyone who doesn’t agree with them, of being a communist ?

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Rob – did one of your charming charges tell you that one today as you passed the White Diamong around?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Explains a lot!!’ is closed to new replies.