Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Excuses for a mid life crisis -but what to do?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

@slowmart – that must have been pretty scary, I’m sure there will be a few changes and challenges ahead but there’s plenty of life to be living.

@WCA perhaps your MLC should be in reverse, instead of a sports car, a life of leisure and a young mistress you should become homely and domesticated, perhaps start going to church – you could support the campaign to support the ordination of women bishops, how about becoming active in your local political party, stand as a council officer

EDIT: just seen @Krypton’s post – there you have it @WCA just do that

molgrips
    Free Member

How does one drive without a right foot, incidentally?

WCA – I have been having amid life crisis since about lunchtime on my first day at my first job.

My solution involves not working, or at least not working all the time.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have everything lined up but don’t fancy a Harley Davidson so what do I do?

Triumph. Bonneville or thruxton or just buy an old one and make it a project.
    My mid-life is arriving earlier than expected.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Travel,

Backpack, camera, ticket, pants..

Off you go.

Send Pics.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Triumph. Bonneville or thruxton or just buy an old one and make it a project.

IIRC the kick start is on the right, he would need a special attachment, and gears are on the right as well ?

Edukator
    Free Member

Seems to me the perfect achievement for someone without a mid life wish list is to become a Buddhist.

That way, you can try to achieve something that doesn’t revolve around material objects.

True, but posted on the wrong forum. 😉

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m with you on that.

Edukator
    Free Member

The devil makes work for idle hands. If you give up work sell the house immediately or you’ll become a mason, plumber, roofer… .

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My ‘project’ is a car, not a bike. Can’t do links stuff on the ipad but pics here https://picasaweb.google.com/115660383436295169415/G46#5782838588926812274

brakes
    Free Member

1) pick a sport you want to compete/ fail/ die in in the 2016 Specialympics
    2) search the world/ internet for an inventor/ doctor/ surgeon/ sturgeon who can provide you with an array of prosthetic attachments to aid you in your quest for special sporting excellence
    3) get training, preferably on steps/ special escalators to 80s power ballads/ 90s happy hardcore

molgrips
    Free Member

The devil makes work for idle hands. If you give up work sell the house immediately or you’ll become a mason, plumber, roofer… .

If I gave up work the decision would be made for me 🙂

I would live in a Yurt, the Mrs is not so keen 🙂

rogg
    Free Member

Tatts at Vince Neil Ink, Vegas, and a track day car.
    Worked for me when 40 and miserable, now 43 and happy.

ElVino

if the worst comes to the worst I have a drawer full of odd socks you can have 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

I was going to suggest cocaine and hookers but that will probably be covered under pirate..

avast!

richen987
    Free Member

sounds like you need a project, which should probably revolve around getting your garage door removed and having a wall put in, then drylining and insulating your garage and then putting in heating, carpet, a bar and a pool table……

then hosting an infamous ride night every Thursday

molgrips
    Free Member

I was thinking of posting some piss-taking but I am not sure how much is appropriate in the circumstances, and I don’t know WCA that well…

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a jump / slopestyle frame and I’m only 37. I’ve convinced myself I need to build some large dirt jumps after a mashed potato close encounter type moment at the dinner table where I got carried away moulding mash into a launch ramp.
    Mines not a MLC as I know I’ll never grow up .. only old.

WCA.. I can recommend kraken rum. Having an injury can sometimes give you time to think about new exploits and adventures. Loosing your foot may be the trigger you needed to stop and think about whats important and start planning.

scaled
    Free Member

Seriously though, buy a boat and get sailing.

Pretty sure you don’t need 2 feet for that.

Saying that, are 2 feet REALLY required for biking?

Northwind

scaled – Member

Not the way I pedal.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Epic down river canoe trip somewhere exotic? Or is that too sensible?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I find that simplifying life is a better approach and enjoying doing something rather than buying something to add to the endless piles of stuff already owned (not talking about your stuff specifically).

Go somewhere amazing with the family and be reminded how beautiful things are and how great life can be. When I’m down (not quite the same as a midlife crisis I realise) I just grab my Kayak and go and paddle in the sea and take it all in. Simple things.

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you not see the paralympics?

khani
    Free Member

If you’re gonna be a pirate, get a stuffed Parrot, real ones are nasty buggers!
    Be the worlds first pirate ZR1 driver, 😀 roam the open M25 with a rusty Cutlass, a glint in your eye..and show no mercy…AAARRRRR!!!!!
    Or even

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Decontenting my life doesn’t work for me as I am happy with what I have, not because if it.

Epic journeys are still up for a go.

I still fancy organizing the BBB foreign holiday. I just need to borrow a Hercules, some skis, a boat and some scuba gear.

Now I am a pirate these should be a lot easier to purloin.

piemonster

rudebwoy – Member
    I know the principle but can’t think of anything else to do.

there is your answer, don’t fret, if you fancy doing something later , well do it .
    lists are just that, would you eat your way through a whole menu ?[u]

no , you pick something that appeals

That should be on any ones list

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I achieved one of my life ambitions a few years ago when visiting Toronto : I drank Canada dry !

okay, out was actually only the Hard Rock Cafe out of beer (not american lager) but it still got me christened Steam Whistle English on my first night in the country. The beer was called Steam Whistle and I am english if that helps explain the name

tthew

??
    Woah! Careful, you’ll get yourself a reputation.

billyboy
    Free Member

Henry Weston’s Vintage Cider

billyboy
    Free Member

Bombay Blue Sapphire

billyboy
    Free Member

Buy a CD called Twist O Lettz….. and play it very loud

billyboy
    Free Member

All three….but just be careful because the first two can accelerate you into oblivion if you are not careful

TimothyD
    Free Member

Saw some American bar tenders on TV commenting on how much the english can drink, they seemed a bit perturbed or nonplussed by it.

Have you tried going rock or ice climbing yet World Class Accident?

You can do that pretty well-ish with only one foot, especially ice climbing, you could have a fixed right foot attachement which didn’t flex at the ankle, and kick in the crampon points and off you go.

Wonder if you could have metalwork put in in place of the bone which is missing? Hope you get a lot of second opinions before having the foot taken off.

Good luck in finding your crisis. :~)

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Excuses for a mid life crisis -but what to do?’ is closed to new replies.