Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Excuses for a mid life crisis -but what to do?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have always fancied having one of these andam about he right age. I am about to either have my ankle fused Oprah my foot removed so this seems like the perfect excuse. The trouble is that I am massively happily married, enjoy my job and like my life.

I have everything lined up but don’t fancy a Harley Davidson so what do I do?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I assume you have had a proper second opinion on the foot (sorry but not read some of your previous) Before they get stuck into you get a private consult and see what can be done.

As for mid life crisis I’m far too young but it’s sunny here in Oz

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Foot is about 70/30 in favour of losing it at the moment but that is not the point of this thread. I just want some fun stupid stuff I should do while the wife is still feeling pity.

Where in Oz are you? Do you want guests?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mid Life Crises is about doing things you’ve always wanted to before it’s “too late”. Just make a list of those things.

Cougar

WCA, with respect, your typing is hard to read. I’m assuming you’re suggesting buying a bike, and have linked a picture which hasn’t appeared here?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Jambs – I know the principle but can’t think of anything else to do.

Suggestions please!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I know the principle but can’t think of anything else to do.

there is your answer, don’t fret, if you fancy doing something later , well do it .

lists are just that, would you eat your way through a whole menu ?

no , you pick something that appeals 😉

Northwind

Sex change

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Sex change

<Shudders>

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sexchange? Yes, but to what?

Northwind

Go ambidextrous.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In Tassie but I reckon the STW Oz network could keep you travelling round for a year or so. It’s probably a bit warm up by One Hapy Hippy right now though

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am looking at losing my right foot, that makes ambidextrous less of an advantage.

Next!

Murray

Become a bishop? CoE seem to have a good fast track scheme 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Become a Bishop. Less of a sideways move and more of a diagonal , I might try that…

JoeG
    Free Member

In ‘Merica, one of these usually solves the problem.

Don’t be a cheap ass; get the ZR1!

Edit – Or a trophy wife. The Corvette will be cheaper, though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I had a bid on a Maserati just before I bust the ankle.

This is the trouble, I have lived my life as a care free asshole just doing things for fun or because I could. Now I am stuffed for a mid life crisis

Might have to go back to being happy with my life and risk getting banned from here. 😉

bwaarp
    Free Member

I had a bid on a Maserati just before I bust the ankle.

This is the trouble, I have lived my life as a care free asshole just doing things for fun or because I could. Now I am stuffed for a mid life crisis

Might have to go back to being happy with my life and risk getting banned from here.

Sink into nihilism after you’ve realized how selfish your life has been then go on a gun rampage before finally gargling on buckshot?

That or you could just try to stop filling the void in you life with things and go and volunteer/help people.

Mountain bikes won’t help, unless you have friends to go biking with. The sports equally as selfish as buying a sports car, mountain climbing is another pretty selfish sport. Doing things with people, socializing with them and having experiences with some meaning will.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mountain bikes won’t help, unless you have friends to go biking with. The sports equally as selfish as buying a sports car, mountain climbing is another pretty selfish sport.

Bikes and climbing are 2 of the most social activities i have been involved in. Climbing introduced me to some of the most diverse people I have met. All sharing one thing in common. Everyone is equal up there.
    Having just moved round the world it’s bikes and climbing that has introduced me to loads more people – off out for a social race tonight with about 50 other like minded people.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Bikes and climbing are 2 of the most social activities i have been involved in. Climbing introduced me to some of the most diverse people I have met. All sharing one thing in common. Everyone is equal up there.
    Having just moved round the world it’s bikes and climbing that has introduced me to loads more people – off out for a social race tonight with about 50 other like minded people.

It can be depending on the people you’re riding/climbing with. I’ve got a nice book lying round the house somewhere on the philosophy and psychology of climbing by a famous climber that goes into all of this.

The OP seems to want to buy something to fill the gap, like so many mountain bikers do. Spend it on experiences with people you like (eg riding with people you like) not on a new toy.

Lot’s of people forget this though.

Wookster

fish getting banned from here

Nice may I suggest a subscription based rant, a fourm based protest to bring back TJ, and a questionable classified post selling “free TJ” T shirts with a complementary mint sauce key ring?

Or just start a post on why Fat bikes are rubbish and Ill never try one…. 8)

The only thing is you’ll have stepped close to the edge, and will never be able to turn back!! 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

Nick is it down to bone infection? Can you not have an Ilizarov frame fitted? They come in purple ano and fit them in bristol??

hora
    Free Member

The stock answer is mk2.5 MX5 IMO

vinnyeh

are you serious about the potential amputation then?

Sack off and start a charity, rather than supporting one?

hora
    Free Member

Right thats a date in August for me sorted.

wwaswas

I have lived my life as a care free asshole just doing things for fun or because I could. Now I am stuffed for a mid life crisis

Maybe you could just slowly turn beige and take up gardening?

Cletus

Lose the leg, poke out an eye, buy a boat and a parrot and live as a pirate?

wwaswas

Cletus wins 🙂

br
    Free Member

Take up an equestrian sport, it’ll make a sports car/trophy wife/HD seem cheap by comparison – and probably about the most dangerous of sports as well. What could go wrong.

Tom83

Naked rambling.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Write a book. You could write a study of why someone with an Internet persona of ‘World Class Accident’ needs help finding reasons for a midlife crisis…

…or do what I did and buy the sports car you’ve always wanted then crash it into a dry stone wall 😳

stratobiker
    Free Member

Get a huge back tatoo done?

SB

Pigface
    Free Member

Why are they going to chop your foot off?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Pirate idea sounds good, interactive as well !

samuri
    Free Member

Here’s my list of MLC activities. Most of these have ended in tears. No idea when I’ll stop having them.

Skateboarding – broken knee
    Dirt jumping – many broken ribs, broken finger
    BMX racing, much scuffing of skin although I did win a T-shirt in a competition once.
    Big, bright red sports car – Nearly bankrupted me with fuel and tyre bills
    Big massive kite flying – expensive, got bored quickly.
    Thinking I’m attractive to younger ladies- I’m still going through this one despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
    Thinking I’m dead good on a bike. To be fair this has been going on for many years.
    I got a tattoo and have designed another.

My current MLC is thinking about changing my career to something which involves a lot less time, stress and effort. Perhaps doing something I really enjoy but then I pick up a wage slip and realise I’ll be lucky if I get a third of that doing something else.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Right, I am becoming a pirate in the new year.

Pig face/mrnut – not infection, just not enough bone remaining after kicking a planet quite hard. I fought the law and the law won! Unfortunately it was the law of gravity

slowmart
    Free Member

In the last few years I’ve owned some exotic watches, motorbikes and cars. No matter how crap the day I always appreciated the ownership experience. Why? Mid life crisis? Maybe You see i’m a bit of a boring git. I don’t drink much, don’t smoke and don’t shag around and I love well engineered products.

However.

It will be two weeks on saturday since i suffered my first ever seizure. At the time i didn’t have a clue what was happening except I thought this might be it. I’m 45. I was out of it unfortunately my family were there, saw me go blue and clutch my chest and apparently they thought I was on my ay out as well.

It’s been an emotional week and a half, the distinct feeling of mortality, how much love I have from some wonderful people and how strong friendships are.

What i’m trying to say is look at enriching those around you with memories, happiness and doing stuff together.

ericemel
    Free Member

Go learn to scuba dive in the Maldives

Kryton57

Seems to me the perfect achievement for someone without a mid life wish list is to become a Buddhist.

That way, you can try to achieve something that doesn’t revolve around material objects.

WCA – do you occasionally post on bike magic under a different name?

weeksy

LOL @ Pirate stuff… brilliant 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Excuses for a mid life crisis -but what to do?’ is closed to new replies.