Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • EWS, how on earth do you ride this!!!!
  • Tracey

I watched that yesterday. I hope my daughter clears it today.

Will be watching the live feed with my fingers crossed tonight

kayak23

weeksy

Good luck to her!!! The bit just leading into it looks equally nuts.

joshvegas
    Free Member

How do you climb down it while not dropping your bike…

chiefgrooveguru

This looks like the natural trails I’ve been finding (and climbing down) in Mallorca!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It does look like those that are messing it up are coming in far too hot.

As ever with these things, really tough to tell from a video.

Tracey

Just when one stage is over the next one is just as bad

Onzadog
    Free Member

You just can’t tell how bad it really is from a video but it looks like the sort of Rocky techy decent I love riding – just not anywhere near that pace.

trumpton
    Free Member

Tracey, I hope your daughter enjoys it and gets the result shes after.

TheBrick
    Free Member

The blabbing on about California was annoying!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I can ride that, just not at those speeds.

chiefgrooveguru

“it looks like the sort of Rocky techy decent I love riding – just not anywhere near that pace“

I’m used to riding rocky stuff in Wales etc but what I noticed about the rocky stuff in Mallorca is that as soon as it gets a bit steep you don’t have much of a choice about riding it slowly, it’s so damned dry and dusty that there’s very little grip, so you have a choice between sliding down the fall line with your wheels locked or letting it roll, going fast but being able to steer. And this looks just like that!

jamj1974

Looks great. I would love a go at this – although obviously a lot slower.

Good luck to your daughter Tracey!

jam-bo

Loads riding it clean, although it looks like if you get off line then it goes wrong fast…

corroded
    Free Member

How would I ride that? Slowly! The dust does interesting things to grip on rock.

slowoldman

Looks like most are coping quite well.

big_scot_nanny

Both those sections don’t really look ideal for a Hardtail… 😳

I can hear my spokes snapping just thinking about it

chakaping
    Free Member

how on earth do you ride this!!!!

Slowly.

jamj1974

You just can’t tell how bad it really is from a video but it looks like the sort of Rocky techy decent I love riding – just not anywhere near that pace.

Glad it’s not just me on both counts above!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

After stage 2 in Whistler, in the pouring rain a couple of weeks ago, that one looks like a walk in the park 🙂

trumpton
    Free Member

track looks stupid.

Lionheart
    Free Member

I am wondering about Enduro tracks, seems some are becoming more tech than DH tracks, and not just at top level…. The recent Hopton DH National series was definitely less tech than the recent local enduro event at Triscombe.. what is going on?

sirromj

Ride Swinley first.

Tracey

Finished but not the result she wanted. Crashed near the bottom of stage 4 and the bike hit her on the head. Rode stages 5 and 6 with a bit of a head ache but a determination to finish

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Good to hear she finished Tracey, with more vids on pikebike, it looked brutal!!
    So dusty!
    Hopefully someone sensible (not those gowaan gals, they just nutters lol 😉 ) will keep a eye on her over the next 24 or so hours for any delayed concussion, thou I am sure Ab be OK as she is a tough cookie.
    Top riding.

Poopscoop

Best wishes for your daughter Tracey.

Just watching that scares the hell out of me!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

In answer to the OP: Skills day 🙂

Well done Abigale!

roverpig

Well done Abigale. Tough cookie indeed. It is interesting comparing EWS with the stuff that is currently going on in cricket around concussion though. No criticism of the riders, but is it really sensible to allow somebody who may be suffering from concussion to hurl themselves down the next section? Maybe a bit of blurred vision would help with some of those sections though 🙂

jkomo

Blimey Tracey!

munrobiker
    Free Member

It does look like a lot of technical features on trails in Scotland, just dry. I’d be able to get down it, but I’d be a hell of a lot slower than anyone in the video!

mashr

but is it really sensible to allow somebody who may be suffering from concussion to hurl themselves down the next section?

Sounds like concussion checks are still lacking at EWS

munrobiker

It does look like a lot of technical features on trails in Scotland, just dry. I’d be able to get down it, but I’d be a hell of a lot slower than anyone in the video!

Therein lies the problem, not enough grip to just totter down it. You can see folk trying to control their speed but the wheels get away from them, gotta commit

Digby

Yep – well done Abigale (and all the other local girls!!)

Tough track for sure – either dust bowl or rock garden!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Sounds like concussion checks are still lacking at EWS

EWS have actually been pretty proactive in this area, don’t think you can say they are lacking in this area based off of one case, of which we don’t actually know any details.

https://www.enduroworldseries.com/news/1309-ews-publish-three-yearinjury-study–concussion-guidelines/

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘EWS, how on earth do you ride this!!!!’ is closed to new replies.