Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • EWS coming to the Tweed Valley next year
  • speedstar

Should be exciting

kimbers

Oooohhh nice!

stanfree
    Free Member

Fantastic news , There are a wealth of trails in the Valley but hopefully we may get some more for this. Next year we also get the world champs at Fort William if Im not wrong.

timbog160

Great cant wait. Never actually been so this is just the excuse I need to get up there this summer as prep!

speedstar

Hoping this is going to be an annual occurrence. Bit bizarre the UK not hosting a stage over the last few years.

Northwind

I was lucky enough to race the last two, they were just completely awesome events… Plus it got a lot done in the valley- the FC really got behind it and it proved a pretty effective unblocker.

BoardinBob

Bit bizarre the UK not hosting a stage over the last few years.

One of the best features of the EWS is the fact they switch venues up. Saves it getting stale. Even Finale, the traditional finish, isn’t really the finale now.

I’m the same as Northwind. Raced the tweed valley round the last 2 times it was here. A genuinely life changing experience. I won’t race again but I’ll be involved in the race support stuff just to be involved. It’s an amazing few days.

BoardinBob

Next year we also get the world champs at Fort William if Im not wrong.

Val Di Sole has the world champs in 2021

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Hoping this is going to be an annual occurrence. Bit bizarre the UK not hosting a stage over the last few years.

Mostly because everyone complained so much about the races previously.

But certainly good to have a race back in the UK. Shame they didn’t switch up the venues, there definitely could have been something done around Dyfi 🙂

I guess they don’t have the infrastructure/race to piggyback off there though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Perhaps nobody else has the budget? That was why Tweedlove said they were stopping IIRC, it was always a loss leader.

Grizedale might have been an option if it was just decided on where there are decent trails, and I’d sure there are other Scottish spots (Dunkeld springs to mind).

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

There might be another world class event coming to Scotland this year too – watch this space…

mashr

The Vague Post World Champs?

speedstar

Didn’t realise it was a cost thing. Makes more sense. Guess even if it is it’s in keeping with the desire to raise the Tweed Valley’s profile overall. Wonder if funding from tourism etc is looked into?

kimbers

But certainly good to have a race back in the UK. Shame they didn’t switch up the venues, there definitely could have been something done around Dyfi

agree about Dyfi sooo much potential

just doesnt have the infrastructure I suppose

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘EWS coming to the Tweed Valley next year’ is closed to new replies.