• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by grum.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Every time it snows
  • MoreCashThanDash

Seems like people think “where would be the best place to get stuck….?”

To be fair, its probably not a bad shout

BBC News – Storm Arwen: Customers spend second night at Britain’s highest pub
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-59446663

bigjim

I saw that picture of snow over the cars in the car park and I’m assuming there is snow blocking the road further away and they’re not just expecting the council to dig them out the car park which 40 people could do in no time.

martinhutch

To be fair, its probably not a bad shout

Not convinced I’d want to be stuck up at the Tan Hill for more than a night!

I think the guests have been roped into shovelling duties too, so it’s not just sitting by the fire getting pissed.

Snowing hard in the Dales right now, if they’ve not got out by now they could be in for a bit longer.

thepurist

Stuck there with an Oasis tribute band though. Some might say they should’ve booked a rock & roll star, but I guess the pub has cigarettes and alcohol to keep them happy. Normal life must seem half the world away.

bruneep

bet the card machine still works tho

martinhutch

Some might say they should’ve booked a rock & roll star, but I guess the pub has cigarettes and alcohol to keep them happy. Normal life must seem half the world away.

I think I’d just Slide Away towards Kirkby Stephen at that point.

andrewh
    Free Member

I guess the pub has cigarettes and alcohol to keep them happy

Definitely had, maybe run out now?

andy5390

Whatever happens, I guess they’ll just have to roll with it

Drac

Not everyone has a TV so can’t hear about the weather.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Oh is it snowing? Nobody has said anything…

TomB

How will they get out, I wonder, wall of snow looks like it’ll live forever.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

“…they’re not just expecting the council to dig them out the car park which 40 people could do in no time.”

If they had 40 shovels…

MrSparkle

‘The Tan Hill Inn has it’s own snow plough and snow tractor sponsored by Theakstons’ 🤔

Tan Hill Inn, Tan Hill

IdleJon

Stuck there with an Oasis tribute band though. Some might say they should’ve booked a rock & roll star, but I guess the pub has cigarettes and alcohol to keep them happy. Normal life must seem half the world away.

Posted 23 hours ago
    REPLY | REPORT
    bruneep
    bet the card machine still works tho

I don’t know that one – can you hum it?

grum
    Free Member

Bet someone is getting really good at that game they have where you swing the ring on a rope towards a hook to win a free pint.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Every time it snows’ is closed to new replies.