Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Event and training people – digital registers?
  • matt_outandabout

We run hundreds of training events at work.

Registers, for follow up information and option to opt into a newsletter, are currently taken by paper. The secretary or trainer then types these up, sends follow up information, then filters them for me to upload into our newsletter system.

Do any of you have electronic registers – if so, which product?

Ideally we will use our company mobiles for this, but I have a concern over security. If our backs are turned (common in the training room) then at present anyone could read emails or post on our company social media. Any way of locking an android or apple device to ONLY display a particular app unless password is re-entered?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Set up a register@…. email address and have all the attendees send an email from their phones with Yes for follow up info or No for no further contact?

Who doesn’t take their phone to a trainng course?

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Any way of locking an android or apple device to ONLY display a particular app unless password is re-entered?

Android Kiosk mode is the thing you want. Think you might need another app to do it though.

simon_g

Guided Access on iOS.

Have to say, I wouldn’t be that happy about having my own (even if a “company”) mobile passed around for that, you don’t know where people’s hands have been.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Registers, for follow up information and option to opt into a newsletter, are currently taken by paper. The secretary or trainer then types these up, sends follow up information, then filters them for me to upload into our newsletter system.

Do people not book onto these training sessions? that would be where you collect that info normally – but a tablet in kiosk mode etc. sounds like another good option.

matt_outandabout

Many of the sessions are booked by a school or local authority, we often have no names or other information before a course. Often we know ’18 teachers from schools X and y’.

Even when people book on, it’s often done by school secretary who uses thier name and email, not the early years educators or teachers who are attending.

I’ve found that ‘allow app pinning’ in Android locks the phone to a single app.

We are also using Zoho for CRM, and it looks like there may be a Zapier integration for a standard spreadsheet or Google form to upload…. Only works if you have web connection.

matt_outandabout

Who doesn’t take their phone to a trainng course?

But if you’re a teacher or educator, you don’t have work email set up on a phone, and school doesn’t issue a phone to you.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Use a MailChimp sign up form on an tablet in kiosk mode?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Event and training people – digital registers?’ is closed to new replies.