Viewing 27 posts - 161 through 187 (of 187 total)
  • Evans Cycles….. Majorly INCOMPETENT? Read this if you value your LIFE!!!!!
  • maverick680
    Free Member

richmtb – Member
    This thread is only going one way.

I B L T – there said it

Beginning to lose sympathy for the OP now

This post was never initiated for sympathy, sympathy doesn’t change anything – I created this post because in my industry safety is everything and as a cyclist (which we all know is a dangerous mode of transport), making it as safe as possible is vital and that includes having competent work completed by those we trust to do the work for us.

I only wanted to raise some awareness of potential issues that we may face and on that note I think I have spent enough time doing so on here….. whether you sympathise or not and whether you take note or not, this is entirely up to you, neither of which will benefit me, hopefully this post will benefit some.

richmtb

(which we all know is a dangerous mode of transport)

Is it? Suppose it depends on the condition of your breaks

In all seriousness take up molgrips’ advice.

If you have complained and aren’t getting a decent response then speak to trading standards

bencooper
    Free Member

v666ern
    Free Member

Has anyone claimed troll yet, 9/10 were on page 5 and I can see this running…

OP have you phoned there h.o.?

palmer77
    Free Member

I’ve not read all of this so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but is this not a job you could have done yourself? I got fed up with paying loads in service and works charges for my bikes so have built up a decent collection of tools, the big blue book from Park Tool and learnt how to do the work myself.

richmtb

but is this not a job you could have done yourself?

In fairness to the OP

Aside from the home mechanic heroes that abide in this parish most people wouldn’t think twice about having a bike shop sort out issue with hydraulic brakes.

Cougar

were on page 5 and I can see this running…

I admire your optimism.

nick1962
    Free Member

Thanks for the head’s up OP.
    I FOR ONE WILL NEVER TAKE MY BIKE TO EVANS IN BRISTOL FOR SERVICING!!
    As I live in West Yorkshire that’s not too much of hardship TBH.

doubledunter
    Free Member

OP has a valid point , paid for a service which hasnt been carried out properly..but what I cant stand is when someone has one bad experience they come out with nonesense like this

Evans Cycles….. Majorly INCOMPETENT? Read this if you value your LIFE!!!!!

🙄

boblo
    Free Member

Whoops, watch out. The new ‘washes whiter than white’ sheriff’s turned up. Now we’re really in for it 🙂

nick1962
    Free Member

OP have you phoned there h.o.?

Evans have company call girls?

Cougar

My coat’s kind of a brownish colour.

molgrips
    Free Member

I admire your optimism.

I admire your eloquently veiled threat 🙂

wwaswas

this moderation stuff is quite scarey, uh?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

meanwhile in the real world.

people who like Evans still shop there people who don’t don’t.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Keep going neal, you continue to highlight how much of a dick you are

Personal = Bad 🙁

This makes me a sad panda.

takisawa2

Is the original post available on Kindle yet

nick1962
    Free Member

neal

Try telling a Mod how much of a d8ck they are making of themselves to ensure consistency 😉

funkrodent

Blimey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4aHrRocA3E

Lets all look on the bright side. I for one am going to cycle to Evans in Bristol tomorrow and thank them personally. Without their valiant efforts, it is highly probable that the “ladies fighting with handbags” clip would have passed me by entirely. And my life would have been just that little bit emptier.. 😉

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Considering the facts, assuming they are accurate.

This is utterly unacceptable, no excuse can be made i.e. handing it over to another mechanic and assumptions that it would be completed …etc etc. You are paying them for a service that includes an element of ‘Duty of Care’ to you. Imagine extending that logic to, for arguments sake, a reputable car dealership….the M3 disc pads failed because they handed the job over at tea break…utter rubbish.

If you had injured yourself, regardless of which leg we might collectively pull (it’s forum life), a solicitor would take them to the cleaners BIG TIME! You might want to consider paying the 30/40 bob to have it ‘rammed up em’.
    Good luck with it.

boblo
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Awwww. In my mind, it was more like this:

😀

antigee

any chance we get to read the email you sent to Evans? – pretty please

boblo
    Free Member

antigee – Member
    any chance we get to read the email you sent to Evans? – pretty please

Best put a bit of time aside…. 🙂

lock
    Free Member

Mistakes happen

martinhurton
    Free Member

Read this if you value your LIFE!!!!!

After reading all of this I realise how much I do value my life and I am saddened that I have just wasted 15mins of it 😥

boltonjon

Fascinating thread!

Plus side: We’ve learnt (again) that Evans maintenance practices isn’t very good

Personally, i think it a disgrace that a bike can be released with poorly built brakes.

I used to work as a vehicle technician and brakes was one thing you got right, every time, without fail. There really was no room for error.

I get annoyed when my LBS use ridiculously low torque settings (but correct :)) on cable clamps and they come loose after 3 weeks of abuse

What scares me is that there are likely to be countless parents using Evans to keep their kids bikes safe because they have no idea themselves

Conversely, I think we’ve all learnt how not to post a ranty post on STW

However, i am interested in hearing the feedback from Evans 😕

Viewing 27 posts - 161 through 187 (of 187 total)

The topic ‘Evans Cycles….. Majorly INCOMPETENT? Read this if you value your LIFE!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.