Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Europa Park De – Anyone been?
  • andrewreay

Looking to drop in next year.

Last two years have been to Legoland in Germany, which the kids have loved. They will be 10 & 12 when we’re planning the trip to Europa Park.

Looking at the web site, seems very orientated to roller-coasters, which is fine. But at least LL has another dimension.

Prices seem horrendous though, so looking for some thoughts from the STW Massive as to whether it’s value for money, whether the queues are unbearable and whether it’s interesting enough for a couple of young girls for two days.

Legoland was just €86 for camping and 2 day passes for all of us in previous years, but Europa Park is looking like >€300 for the same according to their website. Anyone know of any discounts that might swing the odds?

Thanks in advance.

martinhutch

We only went for a day, and stayed in a hotel in Strasbourg (1hr away).

Can’t believe Legoland was that cheap! Sounds like an exception rather than a rule. We looked around for Europa Park discounts but couldn’t find any.

I will say that it is one of the best theme parks we’ve been to – ours were 14 when we went, and yes, it does help if they can do some of the bigger coasters. Didn’t seem overcrowded, queues didn’t seem too bad.

The wooden rollercoaster is brilliantly designed.

ransos
    Free Member

Went last year, I thought it was great. The Germans should be in charge of all theme parks.

iolo
    Free Member

I loved it. The Arthur ride is fun.

finishthat
    Free Member

Puy Du Fou if you don`t have to be in Germany.

big_scot_nanny

It’s fantastic, heaps of stuff for all ages. As a diversion from the rides, the show in the Spanish arena is always pretty good, the ice show also is popular but is a bit 70s entertainment. You’ll see what I mean when you go 🙂

Immaculately clean, well run, stupendous value. We love it.

andrewreay

Thanks all.

Glad to get your reassurance.

Sort of PSA, but checkout the Legoland.de website and if you book a bit in advance (>1 month), they do some stupid cheap package deals with 2 nights campsite and 2 days park entry for silly prices.

The hotels are a different matter, but camping is not just free, it seems to bring down the park price too.

And yes, the Germans should be in charge of theme parks, or the Dutch! Alles is definitely in ordnung.

ransos
    Free Member

the ice show also is popular but is a bit 70s entertainment. You’ll see what I mean when you go 🙂

The Paddington on ice thing? Weird as, but it was cool inside on a baking hot day.

ampthill

I went on a crazy discount years ago. They were promoting the park to teachers. They put us up in a local hotel and bused us in. I’m sure that must be possible to organise

Theme parks aren’t my thing but it was great. We got in early. Did some memorable stuff. Played dodgem football against my son with only us on the pitch. Great horse show in a big arena. I can’t remember all the specifics but lots of quirky things and good theming. I think we were there for 2 days. I don’t think queues were to bad even in August

misteralz
    Free Member

Have you ever been to Efteling in The Netherlands? That’s genuinely magical, even to a cynical mid-30s bloke like me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Europa Park De – Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.