Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,247 total)
  • Euro 2016 begins!
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

You obviously didn’t read my post Rockape. I’m.married to an English lass & despite my general dislike of footie I’d be quite happy for England to win.

well actually I did, but lets face it….it was any easy decision for you! 😉

mrhoppy

Goddamit Bongohooha, if you’ve bet on Wales winning that pretty much condemns us to being knocked out. 😥

nedrapier

I got Iceland in the work sweepstake, so I’m definitely hoping they’ll win on Monday. Might even make the effort to watch my first game of the tournament!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Goddamit Bongohooha, if you’ve bet on Wales winning that pretty much condemns us to being knocked out

Why you think I bet on Iceland 😀

mrhoppy

My mate always used to bet against Ireland in the 6 nations on the basis he’d be happy to lose the bet. And if they lost then he’d have the money to buy consolation beers.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

that is standard ‘fun’ betting procedure.

Never bet on your own team to win, it’s a double heartache if they lose.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Yes. Fun…

Fun fact…if I had done the above bet to win, rather than qualify, the odds were 5400/1 😯

Rockape63
    Free Member

Fun fact…if I had done the above bet to win, rather than qualify, the odds were 5400/1

Gotta be worth a pound then? 8)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Might get lucky with the cash out I guess… 8)

epicyclo

For some reason Iceland shirts are popular in Scotland.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ha! This tournament has shown how embarrassingly bad Scotland are. Couldn’t even qualify for an enhanced tournament and Northern Ireland and Wales qualify from the group stage, something we’ve never achieved at a major tournament. Can’t see fortunes changing anytime soon either 😐

epicyclo

shortbread_fanylion – Member
    Ha! This tournament has shown how embarrassingly bad Scotland are….

We can’t afford enough foreign millionaires to pretend to be Scottish… 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

Should mention that’s twice Wales and NI have got out of the group at a major championship they both did it at the 1958 World Cup. Gotta hurt of you are Scottish.

Hard to know how bad Scottish football in general is. Worth noting that there have been 3 players get game time at the Euros who played for Aberdeen at some point in the recently finished season.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Scotland weren’t too far off getting the play-off place Ireland nabbed in their qualifying group. Scotland took 4 points from their two fixtures with Ireland. It was Ireland’s near miraculous results against Germany wot got them through. I think Scotland would have had as good a chance to progress as Ireland had in their group. Pretty closely matched sides and anybody had a chance against the Italian side put out last night.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Thank god we’ll have some football to take our mind off the madness soon.

Well, until England exits Europe for a second time this week 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well, until England exits Europe for a second time this week

yeah, no surprise if that line gets trotted out relentlessly for the next however many games! 🙁

martinhutch

Time for England to bow out with the usual bad grace.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

When asked about Brexit vote:

“I don’t know enough about it to be concerned about it,” Kane said at England’s training camp near Paris. “And I don’t think the other players do as well.”

Mr H. Kane.

Good stuff. That’s what we need. Nice empty heads ready to be filled with all of Roy’s tactical wisdom. 8)

joeydeacon
    Free Member

To be fair it’s a nice change for a celebrity/sportsman to admit their lack of knowledge on a subject.. one of my pet hates is actors/pop stars assuming that their level of fame somehow elevates their political knowledge/opinion to having more significance that the rest of us.. think Mick Hucknell on This Morning telling us that we should all be voting to go to war in Iraq.. Harry’s there to put the ball in the back of the net, not for his political insights, which have no doubt been repressed by years of media training anyway..

Edit: I’m going for:

Switzerland
    Wales
    Croatia
    France
    Germany
    Belgium
    Spain
    England

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

True. But when compared to what the Italian and German played said its a little disappointing. Like you say it’s probably the media training kicking in. Keep it bland.

seosamh77
    Free Member

was a poor first half, got a bit better towards the end, second started better.

My predictions gubbed at first go! 😆 Though I did say I wasn;t sure on the swiss and belgians!

PrinceJohn

That was proper clattered

seosamh77
    Free Member

whit a goal! superb shakiri!

PrinceJohn

😯 😯

What a hit.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

power cube does it

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I have a bet on Poland/Swiss HT/FT.

There will be no more goals. Sorry.

PrinceJohn

Penalties… going to be a dramatic start to the knockouts stage…

But that goal… 😯

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Sorry for the lack of goals. I bet on a score draw.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

it reminds me of england under sven

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oooh. Harsh.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

not really .. wales pressing hard.. depends if they can press on for a 2nd from a penalty

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Harsh from the point of view of putting it in your own net.

Wales, despite not having many shots on goal, have had NI pinned in their own half.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

wales giving ni a chance.. oof wouldn’t want to be the meat in that sandwich! How much gum does coleman chewing gum in a game. I reckon he has a whole packet. Clearly from the school of fergie

PrinceJohn

Ashley Williams doesn’t look well…

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

good second half.. enjoyed the heart and commitment from both.. I hope Woy looks on to what could’ve been.

kilo

Great to see Wales win that

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Boring game unless you are Welsh. If so well done!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

That was dirge, but well done Wales.

mikey74
    Free Member

C’mon Croatia.

mikey3
    Free Member

I,m welsh and I,m over the moon jim,but by god you wouldn’t want to watch that every week,but then playing way below how you can on your best day and still getting into the last eight is not a bad habit to learn.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,247 total)

The topic ‘Euro 2016 begins!’ is closed to new replies.