Viewing 40 posts - 46,281 through 46,320 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • ninfan
    Free Member

DrJ, Yes, less developed EU countries are facing a shortage of Doctors and Nursing staff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26262064

Cougar

What do you expect when you have 4.5 million extra people move into the country?

As a percentage, there are more immigrants working in the NHS than using it.  The higher the net migration into the UK, the lower the load on the NHS.  This is basic maths and readily Google-able.

Brilliant, so we’ve stolen all the doctors and nurses from developing countries who would really benefit from them, go us!

They’re all foreign, what do you care?

BruceWee

Does anyone know how much it costs to produce a home grown 18 year old?

By that I mean, how much is spent on their education, medical bills, and any other costs incurred by the state having to support these non-productive people.  And then, how much does it cost to produce a graduate?

It seems to me that, even if an immigrant has no education past secondary school, they still represent pretty good value for money if they come and start paying taxes immediately.  A graduate is a massive bargain.

If we really want to help the economy, maybe we should deport toddlers and only let them back when they’re old enough to pay taxes.

It goes without saying we should deport all the over-65s.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nah ninfan is all about the immigration and foreigners who are now all terrorists too…

So glad kids today can grow up and experience so much more. It might help to produce less racists

kelvin

Ninfan will say anything to post rationalise his anti-immigration (or more politely, controlled immigration) stance.

I can’t say any more, or I’ll get another warning, and the post will be deleted. It doesn’t need saying anyway, everyone can see through him, I hope.

BoardinBob

The sooner this wee closet paedo is stuffed into a rocket and launched into the sun, the better

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44668572

Les than a year to go until we leave and the government is in total disarray. I’m sure plenty of us on here have experience of delivering big projects in the business world. In those situations, there’s someone with the final say. That’s what’s completely lacking with the government. The supposed leader of the Tory party, and the country, has minimal power and influence.

why does a wee rat like Gove, who’s the Environment Minister, get to rip up anything? I suspect in real life the weedy little creep would struggle to rip up a post it note.

we need a GE asap and these Tory clown shoes booted out of power

oldnpastit

we need a GE asap and these Tory clown shoes booted out of power

With the current “leadership” in the Labour party, a fresh GE would more than likely give us the current result, or perhaps even an increased Tory majority.

Although obviously Jeremy would have the “symbolic” victory, just like last time.

AD

Must have been a very thin summary note for that runt to rip up.

May now has the chance to show who’s boss and put the Brexiteering arseholes in their place….

Only joking – there is no chance of that!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

<p>Although obviously Jeremy would have the “symbolic” victory, just like last time.</p>

<p>Well it would give them the chance to sell their vision. A remain Labour stance could be very interesting as the desire for brexit is wavering really.</p>

belfastflyer
    Free Member

I guess it’s true, the UKs best days are behind us

kelvin

A remain Labour stance could be very interesting

Won’t happen. Neither party will adopt a Remain stance now. Cross/non-party is the only way… that’s why, now, a public vote on what happens next is needed … it may not be the right/best way to set our course, but while both main parties are paralysed by the last referendum, it’s the only way.

kerley
    Free Member

It seems to me that, even if an immigrant has no education past secondary school, they still represent pretty good value for money if they come and start paying taxes immediately.  A graduate is a massive bargain.

Yes, immigrants are on average good value to society.  Someone looking at it objectively can immediately see this but a racist doesn’t want to see it as the fact they are from another country is all that matters.  Anyone who is really bothered about immigration has to have an element of racism about them hence Brexiters being labelled racists.

kelvin

We need a new word for it… those that think that “their country” is damaged by people born in other counties working in it, or helping form shared standards and laws, really don’t like the “R” word… understandably.

cornholio98
    Free Member

why does a wee rat like Gove, who’s the Environment Minister, get to rip up anything? I suspect in real life the weedy little creep would struggle to rip up a post it note.

To be fair he is probably right both options would involve extra red tape and probably new tech that is not yet developed…

if only there was a system already used by our trading partners in Europe that we could be part of…

ninfan
    Free Member

Ninfan will say anything to post rationalise his anti-immigration (or more politely, controlled immigration) stance.

Are you a proponent of having no immigration controls at all?

slowoldman

What do you expect when you have 4.5 million extra people move into the country?

Who are they? Figures please?

oldnpastit

Straw men should definitely be barred from entering the debate.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We were very happy with the previous arrangements.it brought great benefits to the UK and helped in a lot of areas.

Long term a world without borders should be an aim.

Cougar

You really are just trolling, aren’t you.  No-one has suggested that ever, as well you’re aware.

Cougar

Gods damned edit timing…!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well you know what to do Cougar….

kelvin

We have immigration controls, as do all other countries… that’s why, when people call for “controls on immigration”, they mean there are currently types of people entering the country that they don’t want here…

Cougar

We have immigration controls, as do all other countries…

We also have the ability to tighten them, and choose not to.

ninfan
    Free Member

We were very happy with the previous arrangements.

No, “we” weren’t happy with the previous arrangement at all. 48% you may have been, but it turns out that 52% of us weren’t.

Democracy eh? “The people have spoken, the bastards”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No, “we” weren’t happy with the previous arrangement at all

When did they ask that question?

kelvin

And round we go again… “the vote wasn’t about immigration, the vote was all about immigration…

The people have spoken, the bastards

Ah, no, I know lots of decent people who voted Leave. You on the other hand…

mrmo
    Free Member

out that 52% of us weren’t.

and you have spoken to all of them?

kimbers

Seethe Brexidiots running the asylum is going as us remoaniacs predicted 🙂

Patrick Minford was after all the genius behind the poll tax

BoardinBob

No, “we” weren’t happy with the previous arrangement at all.

The vast majority of leave or remain voters have no idea what the “previous arrangement” involved. Not in the slightest. Stop pretending otherwise.

It should never have been put to a public vote. Certainly not in the way it was

anagallis_arvensis

Cabinet.

Cougar

Democracy eh? “The people have spoken, the bastards”

Sure.  52% = “the people,” 48% = “yeah, **** those guys.”  Totally sounds democratic to me.

kimbers

Yep

Tories still not ready to negotiate with EU as theyve only had 2 years of bitter infighting & thats just not enough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44668572

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tories still not ready to negotiate with EU as theyve only had 2 years of bitter infighting & thats just not enough

Negotiating is for looser, we are Winners, we will dictate the terms as we have all the cards.*

* Opening line from the 2019 Jam Wars

dissonance

We also have the ability to tighten them, and choose not to.

It was far easier to just send some vans around demonising them. Thank god the home secretary in charge of that half arsed idea is no longer home secretary.

There was, of course, also the Brexiteers arguing for voting out claiming that other countries would then be shifted up the immigration ladder.

cornholio98
    Free Member

It was far easier to just send some vans around demonising them

to be fair it is much easier but don’t worry the IT system, additional personnel deemed too expensive and poor value for money to monitor relatively small numbers of people can be designed and deployed without any significant cost to tax payers or companies in less than 18 months to manage all people and goods across “soft” borders

dissonance

but don’t worry the IT system

I have complete faith. You only need to look at the success of the Universal Credit system to be left in no doubt about this.

That reminds me, for some odd reason, I really need to sort out my Irish passport application.

cornholio98
    Free Member

Well we have a superstar who used to work in the home office leading so what could go wrong.

kimbers

Viewing 40 posts - 46,281 through 46,320 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.