Viewing 40 posts - 45,521 through 45,560 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think that it’s absolutely vital that we make sense of the grievances of people who voted leave and to address them.

If labour were to stand on a platform of addressing these things, pensions, NHS, Education, Jobs and industry etc while remaining in the EU and saying how being in the EU could help with these things they would get the universal seal of approval

Magic Money tree gags

zippykona

Don’t forget that the Leavers are dying off.

2020 and the majority is gone.

We must wreck our country to fulfil the will of the dead people.

cchris2lou
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I hope the unemployed of hartlepool and South Wales are ready to get themselves over there to get those jobs back.

zippykona

There always a vote catching National Service option.

Klunk
    Free Member

thought most farmers were pro brexit ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

thought most farmers were pro brexit ?

Some and defiantly not all, most I know are remain as they knew what it provided for them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Given the demographic of older, whiter, some rich etc it doesn’t really surprise me, just remember 42% didn’t too before saying all farmers I know they seem like fair game on here but plenty are very resonable.

zippykona

Robert Peston reckons David (so shit they named him twice) Davis is going to resign tomorrow.

If the soppy **** is reading this…you are a total pussy if you stay on. **** off.

mrmo
    Free Member
    kimbers

Davis has been looking for a way out for months now, his brexit select committee efforts expose him as so clueless its laughable.

If he quits itd be almost impossible to replace him with someone less useless, tho Mogg or maybe Nadine Dories, or even IDS would be funny in a car crash sort of way.

Itll be a proper frothing brexie like Raab that gets the post tho

kelvin

Davis is going to resign tomorrow.

He’ll only resign if a customs proposal is made that blocks the alternative trade deal Tate&Lyle are seeking, or UK farmers are promised continued help as regards sugar production post Brexit.

tjagain

The cabinet really are deluded.
    Both the options being discussed as regards to future trading relationships have been ruled out by the EU and are obvious nonsense and a “time limit” on the backstop position is never going to be acceptable – the whole point of the backstop – which May and co agreed to – is that it will kick in if and when there is no deal that respects the open border on the island of Ireland.  this obviously cannot be time limited as its a situation that is forever.

Idiots the lot of them.  2 weeks left to come up with an acceptable solution.

binners

They’re discussing Brexit now on  the Five Live phone in

Switch on to hear a lots of apoplectic gammon shouting “why can’t they just get on with it!!!!! “

’We voted to leave!!!!”

…etc etc….

kimbers

Damn no headphones, I could do with a chuckle !

zippykona

I go all gammon when that soppy **** cow goes on about delivering the will of the british public.

Half the British public didn’t want it.

The will of the british public is happily ignored when protesting about blocks of flats being built in a back garden,  or runways or mega expensive rail lines that no one will be able to afford to use.

oldnpastit

That “will of the British public” thing is surely dead following Daniel Hannan’s comments the other day, where he said that *he* thought that a “fairly plausible outcome” would be that we stay in the EU with a few extra goodies from the EU:

Pigface
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that today is where the proverbial shit hits the fan?

dissonance

Probably although I expect a valiant attempt to punt it further down the road.

binners

Today is the day when even the most foaming at the mouth hardline Brexiteer will be faced with a great big chunk of reality, as opposed to their delusional Empire 2.0 fantasies.

With all the votes in Parliament on the Lords amendments next week, I’ll be absolutely amazed if the Tory party and this sorry excuse for a government hasn’t imploded under the weight of its own ludicrous contradictions by next Friday.

They’ll be setting about each other like rats in a sack

thecaptain
    Free Member

I heard that DD has already resigned but still expects the exact same benefits of cabinet membership.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well Done Captain….

At the moment they have 2 people holding the fan trying to outrun the shit

kimbers

just seen a rumour on twitter that UKIP mEPs including farage will be having their pensions frozen until fraud investigations concluded & potential fines docked 🙂

As for Davis, what a prick, hes throwing a tantrum over setting a date for an NI backstop that

a) the EU will never accept anyway, because…

b) its impossible to give a date as the systems & technologies he wants to use dont exist yet !

kimbers

DD still not resigned?

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/06/all-times-david-davis-has-threatened-resign-over-brexit-didn-t

as Cummings said, Thick as mince, Lazy as a toad, Vain as Narcissus

hes just doing this for attention, its all bluff & bluster but he knows hes got no other ideas anyway

binners

Him, Johnson, Gove, Mogg. They’re all full of shit.

Its obvious that they’re all happy to have to sling mud and behave like children having tantrums when they don’t get their way, but they’re all scared shitless of ending up having to ultimately carry the can for any of this debacle.

May should call their bluff and say “well ****ing resign then! Or I’ll tell you what… I’ll resign and you ****ing sort it out then!”.

If she did, I’d put my house on the fact that they’ all sit there with their thumbs up their arses and not do a bloody thing

zippykona

Or sack the **** so he can’t claim a **** knighthood.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If she did, I’d put my house on the fact that they’ all sit there with their thumbs up their arses and not do a bloody thing

Yep heard one brexiter calling from the safety of his safe tory seat that we need to make the EU blink first, they need to know we are prepared to walk away to drive a good deal. I’d suggest the idiot tries his philosophy in Tesco’s but I’m not sure he would know how to find one.

martinhutch

and in related news,

another rat deserting the sinking ship

https://news.sky.com/story/daily-mail-editor-paul-dacre-to-resign-in-november-after-26-years-in-role-11396858

I notice the Mail story on this is not currently accepting comments, for some reason. 🙂

oldnpastit

If May had any balls she would call his bluff. But she doesn’t and he knows it, so he won’t actually resign, we’ll just stumble on past this crisis and onto the next one.

mattyfez

As for Davis, what a prick, hes throwing a tantrum over setting a date for an NI backstop

They’ve come to an agreement “The UK’s proposed “backstop” plan for trade with the EU after Brexit has been published after an “expected” end date – of 2021 – was included in it.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44391539

Bwahahaha!, a finger of fudge is just enough to give Derpid Durpis a treat.

kimbers

So still no decision made on what unworkable plan they want to proceed with 🙄.

As long as the Tories stay in power, nothing else matters

cchris2lou

They have agreed on the wording, that is it, not what is inside.

zippykona

**** why won’t the **** **** just **** off. ****.

binners

Can once again hoofed down the road until…. mmmmm…… Monday?

It’s like Groundhog Day, isn’t it?

Leku
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

“It just can’t work,” an EU diplomat told me in exasperation this week. “Theresa May has so many nooses dangling around her neck that one of those nooses is sure to hang her.”

we live in hope 🙂

frankconway

Still in – and it’s getting closer………

El-bent
    Free Member

Has Davis taken anyone out yet?

Viewing 40 posts - 45,521 through 45,560 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.