Viewing 40 posts - 45,561 through 45,600 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • BoardinBob

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44407771

Its really starting to fall apart now

tjagain

Just when you think you have reached peak stupid!

I cannot believe how incompetent and deluded these guys are.

The “negotiation” has been actually worse and the outcomes worse than any of us thought.

Squidlord
    Free Member

From the BBC article:

He reportedly added: “You’ve got to face the fact there may now be a meltdown. OK? I don’t want anybody to panic during the meltdown. No panic. Pro bono publico, no bloody panic. It’s going to be all right in the end.”

Well, that’s alright then. I’m feeling much more positive about it now.

Klunk
    Free Member

interesting takes from the same side of the fence

binners

And yet he still won’t get sacked!

He will just carry on blundering around the globe as a suitably fitting national embarrassment. They must be sat laughing their tits off at all this in Brussels, safe in the knowledge that no other member state would even dream of subjecting itself to this utter self-destructive insanity

jimster01

Just a pity Bojo broke after HIGNFY was filmed yesterday.

jimster01

And yet he still won’t get sacked!

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>As Ian Hislop said once “She can’t sack him because if Brexit goes belly up he can claim to have nothing to do with it.”</span>

kimbers

Consistent thing about the last 2 governments  is that Johnson has undermined May at every turn.

Of course she won’t sack him.

Has any government ever invested so much time in attacking itself?

This ‘leak’ is just preparing the way for another leadership bid, he might try again soon

PJM1974
    Free Member

The worst thing that any politician can ever say is “I don’t want anyone to panic…”.

Brexit is a fool’s errand, it won’t fix anything beyond giving a few gammons something to be happy about until it goes pears.

binners

What I love about Johnson’s speeches it perfectly illustrates the monumental arrogance of him and his entitled ilk.

When he talks about there being ‘bumps in the road’, like its nothing.

Those ‘bumps in the road’ will be peoples businesses going to the wall, people losing there homes. People having their lives turned upside down.

Boris and his ideologically crazed chums literally couldn’t give a ****!! They’re happy to sacrifice the lot on the alter of their own self-advancement and limitless greed

fasthaggis

Same as Trump then.

kerley
    Free Member

Same as pretty much all of the Tory party

tjagain

And as predicted
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/08/michel-barnier-rejects-may-uk-wide-brexit-backstop-plan

The more I read his statements the more respect I have for him

In response to Boris Johnson, the foreign secretary, who suggested in leaked comments that a “meltdown” in the talks was coming, and that the UK could benefit from the assertive negotiating style of Donald Trump, Barnier said: “I always listen very attentively to what he says and it is always very stimulating.

🙂 🙂

kimbers

Loving the frothing from the DUP betraying the will of the people, when

a) they agreed to this in December

b) they represent a region that voted to remain by 60% 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

Britain is being asked to pay x-amount as our EU divorce bill.

Pop quiz?…how much did Germany pay the UK in reparations following WW2?

For those of you who can’t be bothered to look it up Germany paid several countries some reparations but not the UK…..now think about that stupid, arrogant, inflated and pompous divorce bill again…why the hell should the UK pay anything unless Merkel leads by example and starts paying back some WW2 reparations…to put it in context, Britain held a legal democratic vote to leave and is being financially punished…..Germany illegally destroyed half of Europe and a good bit of the UK and pays bugger all?…seems about right for the corrupt EU and it’s this rubbish and double standards that Leavers like me want to get away from.

binners

An even better quote from Barnier:

“Backstop means backstop”

Brilliant! They’re enjoying themselves that much, they’re now just trolling Theresa May

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who’s twitter is that from Deviant?

cchris2lou

you should mention the World Cup for a full bingo !

sorry to give you the bad news , but you are not leaving anything just yet .

and have a LOL too , for free .

molgrips
    Free Member

For those of you who can’t be bothered to look it up Germany paid several countries some reparations but not the UK…..now think about that stupid, arrogant, inflated and pompous divorce bill again

Good god.  And I thought Davis was stupid.  Christ alive.

Klunk
    Free Member

Pop quiz?…how much did Germany pay the UK in reparations following WW2

Beginning before the German surrender and continuing for the next two years, the United States pursued a vigorous program of harvesting all technological and scientific know-how as well as all patents and many leading scientists in Germany (known as Operation Paperclip). Historian John Gimbel, in his book <i>Science Technology and Reparations: Exploitation and Plunder in Postwar Germany</i>, states that the “intellectual reparations” taken by the U.S. and the UK amounted to close to $10 billion.<sup id=”cite_ref-8″ class=”reference”>[8]</sup> German reparations were partly to be in the form of forced labor. By 1947, approximately 4,000,000 German POWs and civilians were used as forced labor (under various headings, such as “reparations labor” or “enforced labor”) in the Soviet Union, France, the UK, Belgium and in Germany in U.S run “Military Labor Service Units”.

the allies also realised forcing financial reparations on  Weimar Germany after WW1 helped in the rise of the Nazi party.

kimbers

We’re still paying for the transition period because the idiot brexiteers havent got a plan that will be in place for the date of brexit, so we have to keep paying the subs!!

anyway, wait youre now blaming WW2 for Brexit, is that right? brilliant

kerley
    Free Member

Well I suppose most of the people who voted for Brexit were alive in WW2 so may still be bitter about it.

martinhutch

wait youre now blaming WW2 for Brexit, is that right? brilliant

Does that mean I can now blame Brexit for WW3?

Leku
    Free Member

Devi – you need to try harder. You need to lure us in, and then go all batshitcrazy.

theotherjonv

careful what you wish for 🙁

They say it couldn’t happen again…..

5thElefant
    Free Member

Cameron was waaaayyyyy ahead of you. Without our civilising influence the Europeans will be stuffing each other in ovens again. Apparently.

tjagain

BSA bantam was war reparations.  We took the dkw design and machines to build it and renamed in the BSA bantam.  Plenty of other examples of this sort of thing

tjagain

Oh – and the “divorce bill” is actually stuff we have already agreed to pay..

Its like going to the restaurant and agreeing to split the bill but having had all the food  leaving during coffee and refusing to pay your part of the bill.

kelvin

Cameron was waaaayyyyy ahead of you.

Nope, that was entirely a Boris fabrication. See, the bullshit sticks in the ears long after anyone is considering the issues.

mrmo
    Free Member

deviant stop with the crap about reparations, how much is 800 years of English abuses in Ireland worth, how much is 1/4 of the Irish population starved by the English worth.

I don’t see the UK government paying Trillions to India for destroying their economy.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Who’s twitter is that from Deviant?

Another absolute stroker

kimbers

That’s why China forces their trade deficit on us, it’s payback for the opium wars!😜

Brexishambles is proceeding just as us remoaniacs predicted,-

as it all goes tits up, it’s everyone else’s fault; remainers saboteurs, Cameron (fair point actually), the Germans (circa 1945) , the EU, the BBC….. Anyone but the blowhard Brexiters & the dupes that voted for the ‘easiest deal in history’ who actually believed that ‘the day after the referendum we will hold all the cards’ 😂😂😂

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s a shame most brexiteers won’t be around when we apply to rejoin the EU (probably vetoed by Turkey) and having to accept the euro, kilometers on our road signs and driving on the right 😉

tjagain

May has actually said today ” no one said it was going to be easy”  Now I am sure quite a few brexiteers said it would be.

theotherjonv

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/nobody-said-it-was-easy?utm_term=.pl6MO96yp#.gk1MJGYg9

Liam Fox:
    <h1 class=”headline”>the Brexit deal will be the ‘easiest thing in human history'</h1>

mattyfez

I’m still not convinced we will leave, the commons votes next Tuesday could be carnage, especially if Labour MPs decide to do their jobs and actually vote on something for a change, that would be novel, them being the opposition and all.

molgrips
    Free Member

having to accept the euro, kilometers on our road signs and driving on the right

Bring it on.  We need bring down a peg or two.

ninfan
    Free Member

Oh – and the “divorce bill” is actually stuff we have already agreed to pay..

Its like going to the restaurant and agreeing to split the bill but having had all the food  leaving during coffee and refusing to pay your part of the bill.

Isn’t it more like trying to end your mobile phone contract, and them saying “ah well, you have to give 6 months notice”… even though that wasn’t in the contract when you signed it?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, because we did sign up to commitments, which is why there’s a divorce bill.

thejesmonddingo

Ah,ninny and devi,two cheeks of the same arse.

Viewing 40 posts - 45,561 through 45,600 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.