Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Estate management fees
  • Superficial
    Free Member

So once again I’ve been sent a bill for ‘Estate management’. I don’t really know what this is, but I was aware when I bought the house (4 years ago) that it was due every year. However, the price keeps going up. I vaguely know what the money is for, but I don’t really think I get good value from it. It used to be about £120/yr, but now they’re asking £220.

What would happen if I don’t pay it?

Background: I live on a nice road. It’s a cul de sac in a nice part of sheffield. The house is a fairly small end terrace new build. Nothing fancy, although there are some very big houses on the road. Freehold, I’ve got a mortgage. There is also a nice block of flats across the road and there are some communal gardens for that. There are also a few hedges and bits of shrubbery etc that probably belong ’to the road’ – I.e. it’s not clear who owns them. Occasionally I’ll see a gardener tidying them up. On the whole the place looks nice, though I don’t really care that much, and I don’t directly benefit from the work they do.
    I know the people in the flats pay the same company a lot more, since they get cleaners for the communal areas and separate bin collections etc. That makes sense. The road is adopted by the council so there is no direct upkeep required there.

WWSTWD?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Estate management fees’ is closed to new replies.