• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ergonomic Grips
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

TBH I’ve been spoilt with good quality grips on my bikes and like the princess and the pea I notice bad ones. I’m currently running ODI Elite Pros which are good quality. I used to have some old Specialized ergonomic grips, which were……hands down the most comfortable I’ve ever used and lasted ages. I can remember resting my palms on the winged bits, every bit of comfort adds up on those longer rides!

Nailed it down to these two:

Specialized Contour XC

Specialized

Ergon GA3

Ergon

Riveting topic I know and they look a bit weird but IME they work! Any experiences or others I should consider?

DickBarton

Had the Specialized ones and really liked them. Sold bike and new one didn’t have comfy enough grips, replaced with Deathgrips and they are truly awful, so uncomfy. So looking for another set of grips and may go for the specialized again.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I tried Deathgrips but got the thins one, well that was a mistake. The only grips I’ve ever taken off within a few weeks, way too thin and it felt like I was running 20 psi more air in the fork!

The Specialized ones above are the best I’ve tried to date. Was interested to see what the forumites thought of Ergon grips, particularly their longevity and how well they work in wet conditions.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Had some of the Ergon ones which were ok, nothing special. I currently have Evans own brand ones (FWE?) which I think are miles better. A much bigger platform to rest your palm on and useful little bit that juts forward – like a tiny bar end. They do look odd but they’re so damn comfy.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I guess you mean these (juts forward) as opposed to the other FWE ergonomic grips.

FWE

Ooo yeah they are medical/orthopaedic looking!

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Yeah, those are the fellas. They do have a built-up-shoe kinda look to them. I love the ugly little buggers though.

Grips

fatbikedog
    Free Member

I was persuaded by a bike shop salesman to buy some ergon grips. I loved them and since have put them on all my bikes. I have just bought a new bike so will be looking for some more or similar. Those spesh. ones look interesting. Once you have ridden any distance with this kind of grip you want them again.

FOG

I’m glad I am not the only person who thinks Deathgrips are uncomfortable. I actually bought a pair to replace the OE cheapos on a new bike and they were actually worse.I settled on some Ergons which are not ergo bit are a bit thicker and are much pleasanter on the hands, forgotten the number though

FOG

PS GA2 Fat Grips

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ergonomic Grips’ is closed to new replies.