• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Rio.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ereaders. – help me choose!
  • tinybits
    Free Member

Mrsbits want to buy me an e reader for Xmas, however she’s completely unable to choose which one, so, being completely unable to do any better, I thought I’d ask for help. Needs: to read books and maybe look at diagrams within them. must be able to read in the dark. Clear non headache enduring screen
    Mustn’t haves: adverts, iplayer, Facebook etc or internet surfing or else I’ll just end up here!

samuri
    Free Member

Kindle White paper.

tinybits
    Free Member

Seems quite expensive compared to others though?

andyfla
    Free Member

Kindle def – I have the basic one with a cover that has a light on – personally wished I had paid a bit more for one with a backlight

Do look up calibre for loading your own books once you have one

AdamT

Kindle paperwhite here. The screen is great and the battery lasts forever. One of the things I love about it is that it doesn’t try to do all the other stuff. It might seem expensive, but it does what it was designed to do very very well.

Cougar

“what’s the best?”

“this is.”

“wow, it’s the most expensive!”

Which do you want, best or cheapest? The Kindle Paperwhite is the iPad of the eBook world, it’s hard to beat.

Northwind

Paperwhite really is that good. Mind you most of the other ones are more than good enough. For reading in the dark you’d be daft not to get one with an integrated light.

I think what convinced me of the brilliance of the paperwhite was when I went back to a paper book and got confused because tapping the page didn’t turn it. I’ve stopped thinking of it as an electronic device, it’s just a funny looking book.

Ewan
    Free Member

Def get a back light ones – I had a Nook and then subsequently got the Nook with a backlight.

Bargain 49 quid and I really can’t see how you could improve it.

spacemonkey

Which do you want, best or cheapest? The Kindle Paperwhite is the iPad of the eBook world, it’s hard to beat.

^^^^
    THIS

I put off buying an eReader for years as I didn’t think I’d take to it. Then, having had a Paperwhite for about 10 months I can safely say it’s one of my favourite possessions (with over 200 books and counting …).

RustySpanner

Paperwhite again.

It really is vey impressive indeed, total convert now.
    Easy on the eyes and simple to use.

Only needs charging five or six times a year.

epicyclo

Definitely the Kindle of any variety (and I’ve got an iPad).

Rio

Kindle Paperwhite, but

maybe look at diagrams within them

I’d stick with dead trees for this, or maybe a tablet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ereaders. – help me choose!’ is closed to new replies.