• This topic has 27 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ianv.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • indoor climbing.. it rocks!
  • yunki
    Free Member

After taking yunki Jr to the local clip and climb for his fourth birthday, we returned the following week and took my mate’s kids too

It was very quiet and as the twin girls were very wary, we got to don harnesses and have a climb ourselves..
    This inspired a mission to check out the proper climbing facilities last night for a taster session, and an introduction to climbing after years of procrastination..

good times, sore knuckle joints this morning, looking forward to next week’s return

andyfla
    Free Member

Say goodbye to your forearms and skin on you hands

Have fun

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep, miss having a good wall for some evenings exercise and a good laugh.

GrahamS

The Clip and Climb looks good – where’s that?

Any excuse to post this again, my 3yr old at Climb Newcastle:

nedrapier

ace.

Say goodbye to your forearms and skin on you hands

Then say hello to forearms and skin on your hands!

yunki
    Free Member

That’s clip n climb Exeter..

It’s very impressive, I don’t know what we were expecting really but I was pretty blown away by it..

andytherocketeer

Outdoor climbing… rocks even more!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it does in the sunshine 🙂 if your in the mood and it’s going well

neilnevill
    Free Member

Then Say hello to more shiny anodised ALU and sexy gear….and bye bye to more cash. Climbing is ace.

meehaja
    Free Member

I feel a need to buy multi coloured, shiny trad gear, despite only climbing indoors at the moment!

Leku
    Free Member

Eldest (8) has wall in his bedroom on which he sets his own routes.

[/url]
    IMG_0930 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]

martinhutch

Mmmm…climbing bling….

Must resist updating my rack…

Leku
    Free Member

Must resist updating my rack…

Do larger breasts help?

martinhutch

No, they get in the way on slabby routes.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

GrahamS – thats George helping your little one. Know them well. Good place Climb Newcastle me and my daughter will be there saturday. I’m looking forward to the new routes in the pool area. fab.

check out: MoJoeClimbing

range coming out soon. if I can find a half decent UK factory.

ianv
    Free Member

For kids, bouldering is probably even better. No ropes, limited gear expense, no hassle and you get to climb at the same time.

Place in torquay http://www.theboulderbunker.com/

GrahamS

GrahamS – thats George helping your little one. Know them well. Good place Climb Newcastle

Aye George was a good lad. Really like the setup at Climb Newcastle. Chilled and helpful.

It was your recommendation on the other climbing thread a couple of weeks ago that sent us there so cheers for that!

Eldest (8) has wall in his bedroom on which he sets his own routes.

That. Is. Awesome! 😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

GrahamS – thought I recognised the forum name 😉 Glad it worked out for you. Hope youre taking the opportunity to climb at the same time.

But one word of caution, it will slowly take over from your cycling and your bikes will gather dust if your not careful! 🙂

GrahamS

Not put her into Rock Stars yet – that’ll be the next step. But missus comes along and we all just take turns climbing. Then when they retire to the cafe I get a bit of time on my own.

dazh

Outdoor climbing… rocks even more!

Until you fall off and your top two runners fall out and you end up hanging upside down with your head 6ft above the ground…..

I never really had the head for it after that incident 😯

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

GrahamS – if yer around on saturday morning or sunday lunchtime and see a guy with dodgy long hair, come and say hi.

GrahamS

It’s a climbing centre, “a guy with dodgy long hair” describes half the people there 😀

We’re away this weekend, but I’ll keep an eye out for you next time we’re there. (My pic is in my profile).

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

hahaha… very true. ask the guys on reception, they’ll point out which of the dodgy long hair geezers I am.

andytherocketeer

Abseiling is cool too. If you like trusting your life with a piece of string.

hammyuk
    Free Member

A piece of “string” that has a minimum breaking strain of 2700kgs – there’s always a pair and they hang you on the end…..

mark90
    Free Member

Part if my uni final year project included destructively testing caving ropes. New 2000kg breaking strain ropes went around 3000kg. Old well used ropes were still around or over the quoted 2000kg. So yeh I’ll trust my life to that, I haven’t put on ‘that’ much weight 🙂

jam-bo

there is some great bouldering out on dartmoor. you can even ride to a lot of it.

http://javu.co.uk/Climbing/Guides/DartmoorBouldering/

ianv
    Free Member

range coming out soon. if I can find a half decent UK factory.

You should also look at doing kids riding shorts (downhill style ones)these are almost impossible to get hold of.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘indoor climbing.. it rocks!’ is closed to new replies.