Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • epididymitis
  • headfirst
    Free Member

A nice sounding word for a god awful condition… Anybody on here had it? (If you haven’t you don’t want to know what it is). I’m now starting my third week of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and the pain has only subsided a little. Tried a day back at work yesterday and had to beat a retreat in the afternoon because of the pain and associated nausea. I’m right fed up. So if you’ve had it how long did it give you grief for and how did you get it to go away?

wwaswas

not a term one ought to put through google images I’ve just discovered.

yuk.

dave_aber
    Free Member

<g> @ wwaswas – I just had to, and you’re right – it was a mistake!

wwaswas

headfirst is a teacher it says in his profile – let’s hope none of the kids are on here and know his posting name…

headfirst
    Free Member

thanks for the interest guys, but its not really helping….I did warn you not to look!!

headfirst
    Free Member

omg, I’ve just copped a look myself. I’d like to point out my kit looks nothing like any of the photos on there

wwaswas

pics?

no, perhaps not.

headfirst
    Free Member

ww: actually my sixth formers gave me a grilling as to what was up with me and why i was walking funny…to stop any rumours i decided it was best to tell them the truth and point out IT IS NOT STI RELATED…so after the initial hilarity, on with the economics lesson. I wanted to get the point across that a government needs to know whats causing inflation if it wants to cure it, so it came to me in a flash, a line i’m sure they won’t let me forget, ever:
    ‘think of my testicle as inflation….’

i’ve never used it as a teaching aid before

wwaswas

“i’ve never used it as a teaching aid before “

I’m sure the General Teaching Council are grateful for that.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had an epididymal cyst when I was about 7 or so. It went away with pills, and didn’t hurt 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

ww: of course i just made that story up…anybody from the GTC here?

<runs, sorry hobbles away and hides>

Potdog
    Free Member

Having read all that WHY O WHY did I still feel the need to look at google images..I mean, how bad can it be?

Yeah, right…

willard

I’m just going to guess what it is from the name. Not nice.

Sit down and have a nice cup of tea. Relax. Take the weight off things with a very small pillow or something.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

OH YEAH,
    I feel for you, that sucks. I had a first bout of that when i was 16 and then used to get it at least once a year from then, Sat first it would take very strong antibiotics to shift it (not the weak crap that they usually prescribe) and it would be about 2-3 weeks to go. I learnt to tell the early signs of it and could stop it with ibuprofen before true infection.Even having a vasectomy didnt stop me from getting it. The quacks have no idea why it comes on either. Tried for a whole year cycling without sitting down and that didnt help (got strong legs though).
    Havent had it for a about 3 years now though (touch wood) so I may have grown out of it.
    Hot baths help when youve got it.
    keeping your bits clean with anti-bacterial soap helped prevent getting it.
    Was told it can be caused by urine infetions, or clamidea (?spelling).
    Hope some of this helps, if anything it taught me not to be shy about getting your nuts out for the drs to have a good look at.

Good luck.

Phill

headfirst
    Free Member

cheers monkey… yeah i had a hot bath on sunday , the offending article felt like it was floating in space and it was bliss, no pain at all..aaahhhh

i’ve already had the snip ( 1 &1/2 yrs ago)and the doc says that may have made me more susceptible, nice of him to tell me now!!! I’m a bit worried how this will affect my biking and vice versa, the thought of going near a bike in the next month makes me wince

‘if anything it taught me not to be shy about getting your nuts out for the drs to have a good look at.’ – i said to my doc on my last visit ( 4th time about this) that he is now more familiar with my testicles than my wife is… 😯

Drac

So who gave you the chlamydia?

headfirst
    Free Member

your mum

Drac

Blimey!

mt
    Free Member

hi headfirst, yep been there myself. can’t say that it was as painful as your condition but sitting down was an issue. took a long time to go with 2 courses of 10 weeks of antibiotics. eventually it cleared up and is now not a problem. Doctors really had no idea of what it was and how i got it but sitting on a bike saddle was not helping at all! Was a very committed roady at the time and the shaved legs caused some speculation from the doctor on the cause.

headfirst
    Free Member

Drac: 😉

STOP PRESS: now in a whole new, unprecedented level of pain! I’ve just been to see a consultant at the local private hospital and he spotted that my bladder is sore ( i, being an eejit, thought it was my stomach not getting on with strong painkillers) so i need an ultrasound on that and another on my gonad, plus a flow rate test (how high can i pi$$ up a wall??), having these all tomorrow, they kindly gave me a quote for it all : £700!!!! Bejaysus! Thats not including the £100+ for my five minutes with the consultant. The pain of it is unbearable!

Drac

Drac: [:wink:]

Hehhehe don’t worry I took no offence.

wwaswas

“how high can i pi$$ up a wall??”

it’ll be far more humiliating than that…

for 100 s/he could at least have upped your painkillers to soemthign with a bit more oomph.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘epididymitis’ is closed to new replies.