Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • epetition Croft race circuit
  • Ratfighter
    Free Member

Probably way off topic for a mtb forum but another big love of my life is motorbike racing. Some will have heard of the recent ruling against Croft circuit in which a family moved within 300 mtrs of the circuit ( the daughter of the house owner was engaged to the circuit manager by the way) at some point after the relationship ended they decided to complain about the noise. They have recently been awarded £300,000 and Croft have been ordered to pay costs of £800.000. Croft has been used as a race circuit since 1947 and brings in valuable revenue to the local area and it just doesn’t seem right to move within close proximity of an ongoing venue, complain and get awarded damages.
    There is an epetition at
    linky

snaps
    Free Member

That stinks! If you move near a race circuit, surely you accept that as they were there before you, they are entitled to continue doing as they have been for over 50 years.
    Petition signed & fowarded to as many Motorcyle & rally buddies as I can remember.

duckers
    Free Member

I visit Croft a couple of times a year for touring cars and other specials, the ruling is rediculous. Once again the enjoyment of many has been spoilt by the few. I imagine that Croft will be a housing estate in 5 years time.

Smee
    Free Member

That is **** ridiculous. Surely it’ll get changed on appeal.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

bonkers. I’ve signed the petitioned and forwarded it on…

MrSmith
    Free Member

crazy. don’t move next door to a racing circuit and expect peace and quiet.
    years ago the people who moved next door to the village hall in my parents village started to complain about the youth club on fridays and the odd wedding/disco. after a dead badger was left on their doorstep they soon got the message and the day they moved out flags and bunting were put up around the village.

maybe a dead badger is the answer?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘epetition Croft race circuit’ is closed to new replies.