Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Enhanced DBS – where can I get one?
  • dirkpitt74

I’m looking to get an enhanced DBS as I’m looking to start coaching/guiding.
    I can apply for a standard one myself but not an enhanced.
    Is there a way I can get one?

Thanks

lunge

You always used to have to get them through an organisation, so whoever you’re coaching for would sort it.
    I don’t think you can get them on your own.

dirkpitt74

Thanks, I’ll be doing the guiding/coaching working myself – are there any agencies etc. I could go through?

Spud

All of mine have been through the organisation that has requested them. I’d probably try the relevant council’s safeguarding team in the first instance, they could signpost you perhaps.

lunge

Contact the governing body of whatever you’re coaching in and they’ll likely to sort you out or at least point you in the right direction.

If not, look at other organisations that do the same or similar and they may be able to put you through.

If that still doesn’t work, if you have any tame contacts at youth clubs, Scouts or even other sports clubs you could persuade them to put you through.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I got mine independently when I was working as an instructor https://www.onlinedbschecks.co.uk/dbs-options/

Schools and organizations will do their own checks and you end up with loads of them as they were valid for 3 years. The next one I do will probably be one with the update service

eatsdirt
    Free Member

Enhanced DBS has specific eligibility criteria now Clicky It also has to requested by an employer I believe, this seems to suggest it’s not possible for direct even as self employed, you’d have to do it via a local authority or governing body for the sector Click

Recently went through this Myself with all senior ICT staff as part of a governance review, I suggested we should do enhanced initially, but the rules have changed a lot since I last did it and it wasn’t permissible.

dirkpitt74

Thanks all.
    Will speak to my certification provider and see if they can get me one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Enhanced DBS – where can I get one?’ is closed to new replies.