Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Energy company – manipulated meter reading?
  • matt_outandabout

I’ve just left one energy company.

I take pictures of the meters and enter the readings online each month.

The agreed electricity end / start is correct, and the readings correct for the last two years.

The gas however was estimated for the last three months, despite an entered reading, and was over 300 units high. Previous readings for two years tally.

The last gas reading and therefore start reading is down as customer read – but is over 1100 units above!

It feels deliberate – why would I have entered a random reading that was so high, when all my previous readings tally with the pictures? Hmmmm.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Just tell them there’s an error somewhere and send them the picture?

fossy

Send the correct reading from the meter. If it’s all gone crazy, i.e. the meter has gone way up in 3 months, then given time of year there could be a fault in the meter ?

project
    Free Member

Loads of false readings with smart meters, also staff can enter numbers wrong on the account form

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It was the delivery man at your door, with the laser.

oldtennisshoes

☹️ RIP kaesae

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Start an official complaint. It gives them two months to sort it. Otherwise they will mess you about as long as possible before any sniff of a refund.

Also, get them to tell you what meter they think you have fitted, and check that against your actual meter, because if that does not line up it could cause you much fun and merriment*.

* it’ll be a massive pain in the arse.

wwaswas

☹️ RIP kaesae

That sudden ‘Oh yes, he’s gone’ when I read the laser thing brought me up short too. RIP keasae.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Energy company – manipulated meter reading?’ is closed to new replies.