Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Energy bars for the wheat intolerant
  • trusty

Are there any recommended ones? Anything with wheat flour is off the menu for me now, and I need some energy bars for an upcoming trip away. Can anyone recommend some that are a) tasty and b) won’t give me the 💩?

Ta

schmiken

Skratch!

john_l
    Free Member

Nine Bars, Naked bars, Clif bars, Trek bars….there’s hundreds.

akira

I’m a big fan of Veloforte bars, very tasty and less dry than many other bars.

Yak

Tribe and a cheap option are the date based baby food ‘gels’ that you get in the supermarket.

stevextc
    Free Member

Is it only wheat or oats?

Some Naked bar flavours have dodgy stuff… can’t remember which ones as I keep to the orange-chock mainly

Also the nut bars….

I usually pick stuff up from a BP garage that seems we pass 90% of the places we ride as I’m never organised enough to have it ready.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aldi .

any of their paleo bars

any of their cacao bars .

all gluten and dairy free , calorie dense and all quite tasty.

For less calories more sweet and a quicker energy – try their “Thats it” bars – which are just cold pressed fruit.

trusty

Cheers all. Oats are OK, wheat not so much. I used to just have bog standard cereal bars so never looked into proper “sports” ones

jpacey
    Free Member

As above, Aldi paleo/cacao bars and home made  skratch lab rice bars are excellent

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Trek Protein Flapjacks are v satisfying IME

‘Cocoa and oat’ especially

Original and coconut are also both nice, although the coconut one is v strong-tasting.  Maybe sample each of the single bars in all flavours then buy bulk for discount once have chosen best flavour/most suitable nutrition.

barrykellett
    Free Member

banana

flowergirl
    Free Member

Same problem here. Allergic to wheat but OK with gluten and oats.

Aldi bars are great, loads of their stuff is wheat free now if you check. I’ve had good flapjacks from Home and Bargain too! Check the ones with a topping on as that seems to be where the wheat lurks for some reason!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Energy bars for the wheat intolerant’ is closed to new replies.