• This topic has 32 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by will.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Endomondo June Challenge
  • Sandwich

Here you go, this months off-road suffer-fest.

June Off-Road Challenge

Post up here with your Endomondo name if you’re in.

I’m My Cams

Kryton57

My middle is the same as my name in my profile…

Kryton57

No Road challenge?

andytherocketeer

I’m in. Think my nick over there is AndyM.

piha
    Free Member

I’m gonna sign up again, initials are bm. Some crazy distances by the trophy hunters last month!

Sandwich

I can set a road challenge up but I’m more interested in off-road currently. Road stuff for me is winter time when the clay threatens to entomb the bike in clag!

feisty
    Free Member

Steve Feist

Try for 2nd this month no way I can crack 1000 miles lol 😉

Saying that one it registers me I should be 1st very briefly 🙂

andytherocketeer

think you can set UK only for the group? (if not already done)
    then the foreign trophy hunters will have to hunt elsewhere. it thinks i’m in uk, when in reality I’m not, so won’t be a problem for me. not sure if it’ll booger up anyone else.

Sandwich

Cheers Andy, I’ll give that a go.

feisty
    Free Member

Were the two top dudes not STW members then? Does that make me first for May 😆

andytherocketeer

don’t think so, although one does have at least one STWer as a friend though.

mr-brightside
    Free Member

im in at no2 already! cant see that lasting long though.

feisty
    Free Member

Hopefully out again later to get almost 100 miles in total for this first partial week in June and cement my claim to 1st place 😆

Wind is crap down here on the Sussex coast 20-30 mph winds are killing me, was knackard after my 50 miler today when previously I have phone 60 miles on the the same trail and come back not tired at all (only came back due to having to go out with kids other wise would have done 80 miles).

will
    Free Member

Didn’t bother with the MTB one last month as I didn’t do 1 miles. But June should be a bit better so i’ll enter.

(Will Beresford)

tomlevell

Summer commuting challenge. (not strictly in summer)
    1st June to 30th September
    http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/10571677

GrahamS

Commuting challenge joined, cheers tom.

will
    Free Member

Good idea. I’m in. There a Road one for June?

Kryton57
    will
    Free Member

Nice one ta. Joined that too.

stayhigh

Thanks for setting up the Off Road challenge, I’ve been snowed under with work and hadnt got round to sorting it.

Heres the Commuting challenge for June

http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/10601134

spazzolino
    Free Member

Hey Kryton,

I just joined up to STW and thought I would have a crack at the road challenge. Is it only open to people riding in the UK?

votchy
    Free Member

Joined the mtb one, name is Mark Watton

andytherocketeer

@spazzolino… open to anyone who uses STW, but the challenges may have been set as UK to keep down the number of foreign trophy hunters who just join every group they can find, and clock up insane distances.

I’m not in UK, but my Endomondo profile believes I am.

spazzolino
    Free Member

Thanks andy,

It seems that my mileage has now registered, maybe there was a lag. Thanks for the response.

Spazz

andytherocketeer

Yes that’s normal too. As is the “include this ride in the statistics” becoming unchecked, so nothing gets included in challenges.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I can’t believe how long June feels! At least it’s got me back out night riding!!

I’m MSC. Roll on the 1st of July!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

im not joining this month …..

running month in nigeria . 35km down so far(i dont run )

mikertroid
    Free Member

Thank God that’s over with!!

feisty
    Free Member

Weeee 1st 8)

Now that was a tough month!

Sandwich kept dragging me along pushing to keep up with him the entire month, every time I got clear of him he would sneak lots of weekday riding in so I had to up my game during the week 😆

Managed my first century ride in a respectable 6hr 56 min with no issues (was quite easy to be honest) and did 190 miles in the final week phew.

If real life hadn’t gotten in the way (weather and sick family members) I would have broken 800 miles

13.52 mph avg
    708 miles
    52hr 24min 42s total duration
    28,439ft climbed
    31,532 kcal burned

All on one gear 🙂

Pretty chuffed with that although 1,230 miles in two month has trashed a new Schwalbe NN tyre and my rear ali sprocket, I have a 0.5 mile 17%+ concrete farm track that I ride up to get to my main trail head that you can hear the tyre wearing away on as you slog up it. 😆

Overall I feel great my legs feel fine and strong although I am struggling to eat enough to deal with the amount of energy I am burning.

chief9000
    Free Member

The road challenge actually finished a day early 🙁

andytherocketeer

neat. 7th in both on and off-road.

(Sounds better that way – 7th is last in the road challenge)

End time for both challenges are the same, and look OK to me (unless one was sneakily updated last night?)

mikertroid
    Free Member

Feisty,

Well done! I’m pleased with 3rd. Although way off your total, I’ve physically struggled to get the calories in, so it’s no surprise you have found it tricky. One of my last night rides had my bike decide it wanted to be a singlespeed, snapping a gear cable and staying in top gear for 40k!

will
    Free Member

Sorry, just put in a last minute update for the Road (sport) one.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo June Challenge’ is closed to new replies.