Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Emotional unload – don’t let it ruin your Friday please
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

An emotional evening I wish to share with you. It may help someone else over come their grief, loss and accept the changes life brings.

About 8 years ago my ladder – my first and true ladder, the only ladder I had ever known – decided it had reached the end of it’s life. For some reason that I will never know it decided that in ending its own life, it should try to take mine. Fortunately the hard working staff of the NHS, so recently screwed over by the Tories, were able to save my life and get most of my leg working.

Now, I finally feel in a place that I feel I can move on. I don’t want you to judge and I don’t want you to hate. Please accept that I am now in a place where I feel comfortable. This guy is not so tall and exciting but he is safe and dependable.

I would like to introduce you all to my Step-Ladder

Onzadog
    Free Member

I have a step-ladder. My real ladder left home when I was young.

garage-dweller

Just make sure you use it on a flat and stable surface….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

One leg on carpet, one slightly higher on wood and the other two raised again on a mat. Seemed fine when changing the bulbs above the front door

cynic-al
    Free Member

I do like your work WCA

Cougar

I have a step-ladder. My real ladder left home when I was young.

Beat me to it you bar steward, so,

Someone nicked my ladder and I had to take steps to get it back.

benjbish

I’d ring and pay a man to do the job WCA! You’ve got many friends (myself include) who would come round to do the job for you for free! Or for 5 Duvels!

jamj1974

😁😁😁

Loving your work.

hols2
    Free Member

My piss is boiling at the thought of it. It’s the betrayal that hurts. Now my weekend is ruined.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

This is the last picture I have of my ‘real’ ladder. It didn’t survive the fall

136stu
    Free Member

Now that was a real ladder. I would expect it to come back and haunt your loneliest moments since you’ve gone and replaced it with a granny ladder.

Also, since this is STW, I hope the new one conforms to EN131 otherwise, this time, you are likely to die.

Kryton57

That’s an awfully odd shaped foot.  But I can almost empathise. I inherited a short wooden step ladder that is the only Physical memory I have of my grandad.  I’ve had it for about 30 years.  Whilst i was helping Mrs K with a curtain rail recently the rope at the bottom snapped while she was at the top, meaning the ladder slide open and down ward on our wooden floor and as she plummeted downward I luckily caught her.

We do have a modern aluminium ladder but my grandads stands forlorn and frayed in the outhouse.  I’m not sure whether to repair it, or leave it to a memory.

Sad emotional times indeed.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

grandads stands forlorn and frayed in the outhouse[/i[

I saw some similar rope in my garage. I asked if it was some tatty old rope. it replied “No, I am a frayed knot”

Greybeard
    Free Member

Good to see you’re taking steps to move forward in your life, WCA

matt_outandabout

Just remember, the only way is up from here WCA.

donald
    Free Member

You’re on the rebound, it’ll never last. The next one will be’the one’

Step 3, you kiss and hold her tightly…

tewit
    Free Member

I do miss the old wooden step ladders without the guard rail where you could work on the top platform and step off the wrong side.😀

qwerty
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Emotional unload – don’t let it ruin your Friday please’ is closed to new replies.