Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Email delivery failure why??
  • jim25

I’m trying to email my travel insurance company with a current claim but I keep getting my emails bounced back. Im using the correct email from there website, written by myself and copy and pasted too and have also bee supplied with a direct email for one of the managers but still it keeps getting returned as “delivery failed” I don’t understand why, can anyone enlighten me?

wwaswas

You can normally see why an email is rejected/failed if you look at the source – it’ll give you a more detailed reason.

Other thing maybe to get them to email you and then you reply to their email.

jim25

Ok Cheers.

This is what it says

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
    its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address
    failed:

“hannah.maynard@travelclaimsservices.com”:
    domain has no valid mail exchangers

wwaswas

pinging mail.travelclaimsservices.com

redirects to

mail.insureandgo.com

(their parent company)

but that times out. This could be a problem with the email server they have or it could just be setup to not respond to pings.

so, there might be a problem at their end…

ThePinkster

You could always give them a call and see if they’re experiencing any mail problems?

It may be something they’re not aware of at the moment.

jim25

thanks waswas.

I’ve phoned them and asked for a different adrress, which is how i goy hold of the supervisors email and that still doesn’t work!

codybrennan
    Free Member

I would try again.

I’ve just managed to send an email to: enquiries@travelclaimsservices.com.

Got a reply:

Thank you contacting enquiries@travelclaimsservices.com <mailto:enquiries@travelclaimsservices.com> please note that your email has been automatically forwarded to our claims department.

We acknowledge receipt of your communication and would confirm that your correspondence will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Once your claim has been reviewed in accordance with the terms and conditions of your policy we will be in contact with you.

If you are contacting us with regard to a claims form these can be downloaded directly from http://www.travelclaimsservices.com <http://www.travelclaimsservices.com/&gt;

And there seems to be an mx now:

> set type=mx
    > travelclaimsservices.com
    Server: xxx
    Address: xxx

Non-authoritative answer:
    travelclaimsservices.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.travel
    claimsservices.com

jim25

FFS!! I’ve had them email me so i can reply back to there given email address and it still comes back as failed delivery??!!

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
    its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address
    failed:

“jamie.sanders@travelclaimsservices.com”:
    domain has no valid mail exchangers

I dont understand !!

jim25

Thanks Cody, so does that mean my email/pc is doing something wrong?

plyphon
    Free Member

Go to Gmail and set up an account, takes 3 minutes. (or if youre using gmail already use Hotmail)

Try from there. Use the web browser version, not a desktop client (Gmail routed into outlook for example, or gmail to iOS Mail)

If it works, it’s your PC.

It if doesn’t, its their mail exchange server.

jim25

Right, got a new email address and it has sent ok from it.

So where does that leave me then! the old email address will send emails to other address just not this one??

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m thinking its something to do with your current email address and how it gets to and from destinations, Jim. Plyphon’s suggestion was an excellent one.

I’ve seen something similar happen, though not recently. I’ll not bore you with the details, but it was to do with the ISP and how they validate the mail server at the destination address, which would be at travelclaimsservices.com. I don’t know if thats whats going on here, but if you get a reply from the Gmail account, then its definitely to do with your current provider.

Tell us if you get a reply (they’ve probably all gone home now.)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Email delivery failure why??’ is closed to new replies.