Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Electrocuted- when will my hair settle down again?
  • Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

    Had a little electric shock yesterday. Touched the screw on the light switch (don’t worry, I shall be informing the landlord), blue flash, threw my arm right back!

    Now, anyone who knows me, knows that my hair is a separate entity to me, anyway. Does whatever it wants; it’s untamable. But since yesterday, there’s a bit at the front, in the middle, that is sticking straight up. It won’t relax and settle down. I’ve washed it and everything, but it’s just poking straight up! My students found it amusing last night, although I did feel a little queasy during the evening.

    Will it gradually settle down, or is it permanently borked? Will I have to wait until it grows out, or will that bit always stick up, now?

    Help me please, because I look a bit more ‘special’ than usual, now.. 😯

    Premier Icon wwaswas
    Full Member

    the little muscles in you hair folicles have gone into spasm.

    you could try another shock to settle them down again.

    or wait for them to sort themselves out.

    the latter plus a bit of hair gel in the intergnum is probably the best approach…

    Premier Icon grumm
    Free Member

    pics

    Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

    Pics? You must be joking. I’m not making myself the laughing stock of STW! 🙁

    Premier Icon scaredypants
    Full Member

    is there a small flash-shaped scar on yer forehead ?

    go on, grab a stick & do some magic

    Premier Icon GrahamS
    Full Member

    Is that when your alter-ego RudiBoy was created?

    Or is he an evil twin?

    Premier Icon breatheeasy
    Free Member

    I electrocuted my head at university. That was fun. Think it was a couple of days before I stopped running around. The hair stopped looking like Einstein a little while after….

    Premier Icon wwaswas
    Full Member

    Given that ‘electrocuted’ means killed I’d be grateful you’re still able to post about your barnet issues, tbh.

    Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

    Don’t worry. I have had loads of partial electrocutions. I use Leffe to calm things down afterwards. (orally, not as shampoo)

    Premier Icon wwaswas
    Full Member

    “I have had loads of partial electrocutions”

    and it’s never done you any harm, eh….

    Premier Icon DezB
    Full Member

    partial electrocutions

    This kind of thing belongs in my other thread!!

    Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

    GrahamS; ‘RudiBoy’ is nowt to do with me. Just some idiot thinks it’s amusing, I spose. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery…

    I electrocuted my head at university

    How TF did you manage that? Put your head onto a live cable?

    It has settled a little bit from last night, tbh, so I’m hoping it will be ok. Just a bit of a shock (!) to have me hair suddenly stand on end, and in only one part of me head, too. Wierd.

    Premier Icon DezB
    Full Member

    There’s a poster on another thread called Rudiboy. Are you concerned?

    Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

    Not really. You can’t imitate perfection.

    Premier Icon DezB
    Full Member

    Perfection with dodgy hair

    Premier Icon aleigh
    Free Member

    Awwww RudeBoy – do you want me to come round and sort your hair out? I’m good at styling you know 😉

    Premier Icon DezB
    Full Member

    How long will that tag stay for?

    Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

    When tags get nasty!

    Probably posted in humour but not really that clever or nice.

    Premier Icon coffeeking
    Free Member

    I also have given my head an electric shock. Using 15kV give or take. Never hold the ignition lead of your car while resting your upper lip on the slam panel, your right arm, neck and head become the main conductor. It hurts, and leaves you sat 6ft from the car wondering how you got there and why the muscles in your arms and chest are aching like you’ve been to the gym 3 times this week. Didn’t affect my hair though.

    Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

    You should try wiring an underwater pond pump when your wife wonders why the trip switch in the garage is turned off and flicks it back to live.

    She swears it was an accident.

    Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

    Both times

    Premier Icon coffeeking
    Free Member

    lol

    Premier Icon piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

    When rewiring the central heating thermostat, check the timer is disabled. I didn’t, then 16:30 ticked past and I learnt how to fly short distances. Mrs Feet just said I was stupid (or words to that effect)!

    Premier Icon nickc
    Full Member

    Apparently more folk are getting bans for the tags than anything else. BTW I agree, some sort of pictorial reference is needed…

    Premier Icon curtisthecat
    Free Member

    Don’t worry about your hair Rudeboy it will settle in a few days… and then probably fall out! LOL You could always get a hairpiece?

    Premier Icon Snigletrack
    Free Member

    I’ve had a few shocks in my time, it’s not something I’d do deliberately, but I do find it rather exillerating.

    When I was about 11, I was asked by a farmer to help move an electric fence that had been stretched across a meadow, beneath power lines. The fence hadn’t even had a battery attached, but when I pulled the first stake out, it touched my hair and gave my head the biggest shock I’ve ever had. Was out cold for a few minutes, I presume the wire had somehow stored up the charge from the power lines.
    Funnily enough, I started sprouting short, wiry hair soon after that, all over my cock and balls. Dya think it’s connected?

    Premier Icon tyke
    Full Member

    At least your hair is likely to settle down with no long term side effects. Something simialr happened to a friend and the next day he had a large tuft of white hair appear in the middle of his normally dark brown coloured hair. Made him look like a skunk and he acquired a new nickname from then on!

    Premier Icon grumm
    Free Member

    pics

    Premier Icon davidrussell
    Free Member

    Pics? You must be joking. I’m not making myself the laughing stock of STW!

    you needs pics to achieve that?

    😉

    Premier Icon coffeeking
    Free Member

    snigle – I suspect someone was playing a trick on you, or they stretched the wires over the power lines, unless they were defying physics lol 🙂

    Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

    LOL! Fair enough, davidrussell- can’t argue with that logic!

    Aleigh, are you that brave enough? 😯

    Have people been nasty? Oh dear…

    Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

    Maybe this explains you big electricity bills. It has been dribbling out oif the light switches?

    Premier Icon aleigh
    Free Member

    Aleigh, are you that brave enough?

    Of course I am – I can handle anything!

    Premier Icon skidartist
    Free Member

    Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

    If only I were that pretty… 🙁

    Aleigh- yes please! Best bring the vodka though; you’re going to need it.

    Premier Icon Conor
    Free Member

    Aleigh+Vodka+Scissors+your hair?

    Would love to see the pics.

    Premier Icon aleigh
    Free Member

    Well I am known to do a mean hair cut whilst on the vodka……..did take a while for my friends fringe to grow back though 😯 😆

    Happy birthday Conor!

    Premier Icon Conor
    Free Member

    I’m sure you are! Glad I’ve got short hair though!

    Thanks 😀

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Electrocuted- when will my hair settle down again?’ is closed to new replies.