Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Electrification of Bromptons
  • chiefgrooveguru

Anyone done this or know about this?

Until a few weeks ago we had a 50cc scooter for popping into town etc, but after a spill it’s been written off (everything bent!) We were going to buy another and then thought we should look at electric scooters (the sort you still tax and insure) but then thought maybe we should look at utility ebikes.

And then I realised we have two Bromptons which have been little used since we moved out to suburbia and stopped commuting to London – and they now make an eBrompton which gave me an idea…

oldtennisshoes

I think that Ben @ Kinetics in Glasgow does them.

Electric Brompton Kit

sarawak
    Free Member

Why not ask Brompton?

simondbarnes

I was going to recommend the Pendix kit but it appears that somebody already has.

mendippete
    Free Member
    simondbarnes

have a look at https://powabyke.com/product/conversion-kit/

How is that going to work on a Brompton?

chiefgrooveguru

There’s a few kits out there – the Nano seems the most established, with front hub motor and a choice of batteries. The one from Kinetics is a lot more expensive but I can see how it would be better with disc brakes etc.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been looking into Bromptons lately and the used prices are mental.

Flog them and buy a proper e-bike?

aikon
    Free Member

Check out ARCC’s kit, I’ve ridden one and it’s better than the eBrompton.
    https://arccinnovations.com/brompton.php

Sanny
    Free Member

Ben at Kinetics is your man for this. He also does disc brake conversions and Rolhoff conversions too. I saw the electric version a couple of weeks ago when I was last in. It looked really cool!

Singletrack Magazine 121: The Not So Nutty Professor

Here is a piece I wrote about him recently. He is a genuinely lovely guy who really knows his stuff.

Just do it! It’ll be fun!

Sanny

tjagain

Ill second Ben – did some work for me. A trustworthy guy and a decent engineer.

benp1

There were really interesting aftermarket kits when I went to the spin London bike show. Definitely worth a look. All plug and play type stuff. Also means you can easily combine with public transport

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Electrification of Bromptons’ is closed to new replies.