• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • thejesmonddingo

I’m waiting for Boris’s “Is this a dagger which I see before me?” speech. The slimy two-faced chancer should be in his element,with a bit of luck he’ll destroy his own party.

Poopscoop

I only stayed up tonight to let the terrible truth of a Tory landslide soak in rather than hit me full on the chin when I got up.

Glad I did. I’ve never voted for a party and still been pleased when they didn’t win.

Just to clarify, I mean Labour!

Night all, God bless the Remainers/ young voters and every body else that didn’t give the Tory’s the landslide they expected.

I kind of want the NHS to be around for my son’s generation and beyond…

It has a small glimmer of hopee of doing that now.:-)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

JRM – It’s not a disaster

🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Hammond is gone

km79
    Free Member

Salmond out Tories in.

scotroutes

Lib Dems down 21% in Alex Salmonds ex-seat.

Strange to say, but I don’t think Alex Salmond is going to be personally disappointed.

Klunk
    Free Member

mental election.

v8ninety

Tory DUP coalition 🙁
    But wow; what a night for Labour. Shame about the nouveau ScoTorys

Klunk
    Free Member

new labour squirming

km79
    Free Member

New Labour is dead, it’s next gen Labour according to keiza dugdale.

Drac

Scotland WTF have you done?

Klunk
    Free Member

Alistair Campbell (new labour) on 5live

scotroutes

10-12 Tory MPs from Scotland, about a fifth. How many from England?

And remember, the Scots Tories will be EVEL’ed…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well according to the predictions Labour have 35 left to win… any more and it’s a very bad day for the Tories

Klunk
    Free Member

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg says there are conversations going on among Conservatives about what to do tomorrow about Theresa May.

“One former minister has said to me they find it hard to see how she can stay after this result,” she says.

It will depend on the final numbers – whether, with Northern Ireland votes, she can “comfortably” stay in government.

“One minister is urging people to have a good night’s sleep and a solution will be found that does not involve having another election.”

Laura adds there are going to be “some real strains” inside the Tory party “about wheher or not they should take a different course of action”.

Klunk
    Free Member

Rees Deluded Mogg

Conservative Jacob Rees-Mogg says he believes Theresa May will be continuing with the Brexit negotiations following the election.

“The prime minister is the prime minister,” he says.

He claims the election was “inevitable” following the Brexit vote and the arrival of a new prime minister in Mrs May.

“It’s not a disaster, but it’s not as good as it could’ve been,” he says, commenting on the election so far.

He accuses the Tory former chancellor George Osborne of “throwing rocks” at the situation.

Klunk
    Free Member

Jacob Ress deluded Mogg

Conservative Jacob Rees-Mogg says he believes Theresa May will be continuing with the Brexit negotiations following the election.

“The prime minister is the prime minister,” he says.

He claims the election was “inevitable” following the Brexit vote and the arrival of a new prime minister in Mrs May.

“It’s not a disaster, but it’s not as good as it could’ve been,” he says, commenting on the election so far.

He accuses the Tory former chancellor George Osborne of “throwing rocks” at the situation.

grum
    Free Member

I’m struggling to cope with the fact that jambalaya seems to have been incredibly wrong about something. It’s weird.

Corbs pre-election speech:

“As we prepare for government, we have already changed the debate and given people hope. Hope that it doesn’t have to be like this; that inequality can be tackled; that austerity can be ended; that you can stand up to the elites and the cynics.

“This is the new centre ground. The place where most people actually are. The policies the majority actually want, not what the establishment and its media mouthpieces insist they should want. This is the new mainstream, and we have staked it out and made it our own – together.”

fooman

Worst… Prime Minister… Ever…

Drac

10 MPs from Scotland, about a fifth. How many from England?

Ah sorry I forgot humour isn’t allowed.

Klunk
    Free Member

Halifax 400 -> 5000 😯

DrJ

Just in case anyone has forgotten :

May to deliver a 75-100 seat Conservative and Unionist Party win

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anna Soubry on the BBC looking like she has already dispatched the knives, not sure how to even try and defend May or the campaign.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

‘morning all.

Boris is allegedly “on maneouvres”.

Jacob RM doing his usual “everybody keep calm, there’s nothing to see, move along…”

Jeremy doing his usual “Hello, nice to see you, thanks for coming” through his shockingly neglected front garden.

Anna Soubry signalling May should go in coded language.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

May to deliver

A phrase that resonates with the gravitas that it deserves, we all know what happend when May says she will deliver.
    The Yodel of poilitical delivery

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Edit. Repetition.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anna Soubry signalling May should go in coded language.

Consider her position isn’t code…

Klunk
    Free Member

tory mp…. “wretched election” 😯

greentricky
    Free Member

Just woke, expected to see the exit poll was wrong and Torys steaming ahead, instead turn on to Tory’s saying May should go, pleasantly surprised

Klunk
    Free Member

Rudd Scrapes in

v8ninety

Amber Rudd keeps her seat with a majority of about 300. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, it’s probably hard to celebrate retaining on a recount by that low a margin.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Chuka Umunna squirming around to say he’s now a Jeremy man. How many former “Blairites” will declare themselves new enthusiasts for the revolution, comrade?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I suspect May will fall on her sword.

Either voluntarily or pushed by others.

fin25
    Free Member

I suspect May will fall on her sword.

Do you think she’ll let me hold it?

Markie
    Free Member

The poor pound!

greentricky
    Free Member

By fall, you mean be firmly pushed on to

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you think she’ll let me hold it?

The queue is so long you will need to get all 6 numbers on Saturday, I suspect that she will have to go and visit Murdoch shortly and explain herself.

greentricky
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deWVJvQt49I[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Markie – Member
    The poor pound!

Quite. I can’t manage either wild celebration or funereal misery.

As a remainer (actually physically moved to put my feet where my convictions are) I’m happy she’s going and her “hard Brexit” with her.

On the other hand, the Sterling to Euro rate is flooring it just at the point I didn’t need it to.

Swings and roundabouts…

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.