Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • El Guapo finishing kit – yay or nay?
  • tomparkin

Budget build, and the classifieds don’t seem to be overflowing with short stems and wide bars.

So — are Planet X / One One’s “El Guapo” handlebars and stems OK, or a waste of time?

Any alternatives out there for reasonably priced finishing kit?

weeksy

I have both on my Parkwood, perfectly fine.

Tracey

We have the stems with their carbon knuckleball bars. Do what they are supposed to do

giantalkali
    Free Member

I have the bars, they’re fine

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s the usual taiwanese OEM component quality. So it’s fine.

I swapped the bars for knuckleballs as the alloy bars were borderline ‘very heavy’ for bars, and the kuckleballs are borderline ‘very light’ (no idea how on one do them for £30 in the frequent sales). The stem is stiff enough and does everything else it’s supposed to obviously.

danti

Also have Outlaw stem and Chewy Knuckleball, very happy with quality/price and I’m still alive.

dirkpitt74

I just ordered and received a 50mm El Guapo stem for my daughter’s bike – for £8 it’s pretty light and we’ll made.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Corto stem is fine, I simply chose to swap it’s 35mm length for a 110mm Specialized 17 degree last November.

tomparkin

Sounds pretty positive all round then!

Thanks everyone 🙂

joebristol

I’ve got the el guapo saloon bars on my Aeris – I prefer the shape of them to the raceface bars it came with.

I can’t remember if I got one of their stems or a brand x one in the end on my Kona hardtail. Either way that’s fine too and was around a tenner for a 50 or 60mm stem.

malv173
    Free Member

I have the Corto 35mm and it’s absolutely fine.  Looks nice, not had any issues with it, would buy another with no hesitation.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have two of the bars and a 35mm stem.  The bars are bars, and tbh the stem looks better than many of the options out there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘El Guapo finishing kit – yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.