Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 157 total)
  • Egg thrown at neighbour's car – police involved – WTF?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

At some point on Tuesday, somebody smashed an egg on the driver’s window of a neighbour’s car.

That evening, a PCSO pushed a note through our door asking if our CCTV system has picked up “the incident suffered by a neighbour over the road”

Last night, two PCSOs knocked on the door. I was serving dinner so ignored them. They then spent 15 mins talking to the “victim.”
    I’ve since sent an email to tell them I have no evidence. Yeah – like I’m going to trawl through hours of CCTV footage to catch the phantom egg thrower.

A couple of months ago, someone threw a McD’s milkshake over Mrs. S’s car. Do you know what we did? We cleaned it off. We didn’t call the bloody police about it.

So what’s going on here. I thought GMP would have told them it’s not a police matter.

Or am I missing something?

Is it a crime. Is it anti-social behaviour?

I think it’s bloody ridiculous but I’m 48. The car owner (BMW One in white) is a 25 yr old snowflake type.

Jakester
    Free Member

*takes deep breath*

Ah, you know what? I can’t be bothered.

angeldust
    Free Member

Well you’ve taken the time to moan about it on here…..

The car owner (BMW One in white) is a 25 yr old snowflake type.

Not sure what this is insinuating? Something about his politics and not liking Trump or racism? Or OP thinks he is just a bit of a ‘nancy’?

PS. I would just have cleaned it off. Amazing he thought the police would be interested. Even more amazed they followed it up. Could there be more to it you don’t know about?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hard boiled?

DezB
    Free Member

I was with you until “snowflake”. Piers Morgan wannabe?

Flaperon

Yeah – like I’m going to trawl through hours of CCTV footage to catch the phantom egg thrower.

Was it you? 😉

jekkyl

Good good

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I thought GMP would have told them it’s not a police matter.

Maybe there were eggstraordinary circumstances in this case 😳

I think they were quite right to complain, it’s no yolking matter 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

People have a right to live without fear of such behaviour – I doubt I would call the police if it was an isolated incident, but as you have also been the victim of a similar event, it is quite possible it has happened to them several times already and they are now escalating it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I was serving dinner so ignored them.

That was nice of you

Instead of coming on an internet forum, why did choose to act politely and nicely and engage them?

perchypanther
    Free Member

It was probably a communist.

Throwing off the yolk of capitalism.

kayak23

Nice of the police to send some officers. They must have scrambled them pretty quickly.

sweepy
    Free Member

Maybe they’d just had an oeuf

scaredypants

Hmmm,

On one hand, I’d be boiling if it happened to my car and would hope that the police scrambled a crack squad to investigate

On thge other, sounds like the neighbour expects to be molly coddled by the state, and they may be poaching resources from more desrving causes

the-muffin-man

These jokes are oeufull

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When the snowflakes come for you

binners

Brexit Britain innit?

Just wait til next weeks referendum on the death penalty

should egg throwers be fried in an electric chair?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeah – like I’m going to trawl through hours of CCTV footage to catch the phantom egg thrower.

Why not, it wouldn’t take that much time surely and would be the right thing to do.

Surprised at a lot of things on this thread – that the car owner called the police, that the police turned up, that you couldn’t be bothered answering the door.

As above maybe it’s not an isolated incident and the persecution has turned the neighbour into a shell of his former self.

stevied
    Free Member

The PCSO’s just wanted to eggstract as much info as yoke-ould provide.

footflaps

happened to them several times already and they are now escalating it.

What a waste!

eggscalating it

jonnyboi

op: Troll, or just a dick?

I can’t decide

craigxxl
    Free Member

Their is always a thing on social media to watch out for eggs being thrown at your car windscreen as means of car jacking, forcing you pull over to clear the windscreen as the raw egg just spreads with water and wipers.
    No idea if it’s true as it’s never happened to me, only what I’ve read. Possible the OP’s neighbour has seen the same thing.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Maybe this is a small part of a wider campaign against the person who owns the car? Maybe all sorts of things are happening to him that you don’t know about, because you’re ignorant and don’t consider the big picture, and that the police do know about? Think carefully about how likely it is that the police would be interested in someone just dumping an egg on a car.

footflaps

Their is always a thing on social media to watch out for eggs being thrown at your car windscreen as means of car jacking, forcing you pull over to clear the windscreen as the raw egg just spreads with water and wipers.

But a white BMW 1 series? Surely car jackers have more taste than that…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Typical nanny state, soufflé soufflé approach.

Damn I can’t do puns on my own thread!

Seriously though – why should I open the door to PCSOs? It’s nothing to do with me. I’d spent half an our making a (hot) meal for me and Mrs. S to sit down and enjoy after a day at work.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Also how do you know they spent 15 minutes talking to the victim?

It’s nothing to do with me

It is if you have evidence. Could be a kids face next time.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Can a subscriber please add the tag ‘derek_starship=blackgem’

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seriously though – why should I open the door to PCSOs?

They might be telling you about a gas leak or a bomb threat?
    I dunno, I’m not psychic so I don’t know what people want until I open the door

enfht
    Free Member

Snowflake sounds like an accurate description. It’s funny how the term triggers some folk.

jekkyl

‘hello? oh hi, yes we’re just serving tea can you come back in 30 minutes please?’
    ‘no problem thank you.’

Nico
    Free Member

Even more amazed they followed it up.

This, really.

footflaps

I dunno, I’m not psychic so I don’t know what people want until I open the door

That’s why I interrogate them through the letter box for at least 15 minutes before opening the door.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Also how do you know they spent 15 minutes talking to the victim?

I was watching on CCTV of course.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

I think it’s bloody ridiculous but I’m 48. The car owner (BMW One in white) is a 25 yr old snowflake type

And it was your generations lacklustre attitude that got us to the point when low-level vandalism was considered normal – that’s why all the films of the 80s that featured ‘the future’ always assumed it would be some wasteland inhabited with gangs of roaming bikers.

Broken Windows!

*runs away

Hadge
    Free Member

Bloody BMW owners again! Thanks for telling us all, I’ll sleep a lot better tonight now.

aracer
    Free Member

So you have the time to keep a check on how long the police are there, but not enough to answer the door?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

op: Troll, or just a dick?

I can’t decide

The two things aren’t mutually exclusive 😆

NZCol

Some yoofs egged my door. In the process of legging it one broke his ankle. I went out and battered him to death.
    Of course I didn’t, I rang an ambulance, got some blankets and made sure he was comfortable. Rang his mum and listened to his mumbled apology.
    People are dicks sometimes. Smile and get over it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘Egg thrown at neighbour's car – police involved – WTF?’ is closed to new replies.