Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Eeeeek another e/bike, but a bit more than you’d expect..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Give this a watch, I think it’s right on the edge of being a “cycle” but hey.. some more interested in these things might have other opinions..

simondbarnes

Last time I checked cycles needed to be pedalled.

Poopscoop

Should get interesting.

cookeaa

I watched a few of his older videos before from when he modded a twizy for moar powah… Meh, his videos are still far too long…

Yep it’s a brave new wild west of (pending the outcome of Thursday) unregulated electric vehicles, just crack on folks!

The overriding message is of course whatever hokey bit of far Eastern e-crap it might be, He can probably sort you one out from his shop…

lucky7500

Only made it through the first 8 minutes.
    Twist throttle, 5000 watts, 40+mph = Electric motorbike

tomhoward

I think it’s right on the edge of being a “cycle”

Couldn’t be further from it. That’s an electric motorbike.

epicyclo

I’ve no problem with eBikes, but that sort of thing worries me.

With its power output and the speeds of which it is capable, it should be built with motorbike components, ie suspension, wheels, and brakes.

It’s a deathtrap just waiting for an owner to discover the meaning of fatique limits.

zippykona

If you are riding a moody e bike surely you want it to look as normal as possible?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I watched a few of his older videos before from when he modded a twizy for moar powah…

Me too, I was watching fullycharged show and one of the recommendations was his chanel…

kerley
    Free Member

With its power output and the speeds of which it is capable, it should be built with motorbike components, ie suspension, wheels, and brakes.

Just what I was thinking when I saw the Cake electric motorbike. Was admittedly nice and light for a motorbike but looked to be using MTB tyres. Not a tyre I would want to be using on the road at 70mph and if subject to motorbike standards and MOT not a tyre that would be legal I suspect due to no speed rating.

fossy

There were a couple of lads on that type of electric MX bike at Llandegla back in October when I was there with some mates. Dad had a pukka e-bike, and the two older teens electric motorbikes.

nealglover
    Free Member

You’ve posted this in the wrong forum.
    Not bike related. Should be in Chat 👍

damascus
    Free Member

So, I’m guessing that’s not a road legal ebike but hes just filmed himself riding it unrestricted on a road well over 15.5 mph. Anyone reported it to the police?

Its only a matter of time before one of these unrestricted bikes has a bad crash and they will be charged with some serious offences.

I followed this “thing” up the main road recently. He was going at 30 mph for over a mile. 😳

kerley
    Free Member

Its only a matter of time before one of these unrestricted bikes has a bad crash and they will be charged with some serious offences.

Just like there are 1,000 of crashes between cars every weeky and probably 100s? of people charged for driving illegally (no tax, insurace, MOT, license etc,.)

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Couldn’t be further from it. That’s an electric motorbike.

+1!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So, I’m guessing that’s not a road legal ebike but hes just filmed himself riding it unrestricted on a road well over 15.5 mph. Anyone reported it to the police?

IIRC someone got done recently from one of the scooby forums for a video they posted of driving over snake pass. The police went out and measured the distance between landmarks to prove he was averaging over 80mph for sections of it.

n.b. it’s not a speed limit, or even an electronic limiter, it’s the speed at which the assistance has to cut off. So while blatant, actually proving it might be harder. Easy enough to deny it in court and claim the figures were exaggerated for publicity and if the bike was accelerating past 15.5mph he was pedaling or riding downhill.

endoverend

Interesting and highly audaciously illegal to use it on the road. If we’re going to have this sort of thing in the new wild west then go ahead Tax, Insure, License, MOT, Homologate for road safety, Helmet and let them replace scooters and mopeds and just call it a E Flippin motorbike – do that and it’s probably quite an efficient and environmental form of transport and a viable alternative to car use, tow a trailer behind it for the weekly shop?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Eeeeek another e/bike, but a bit more than you’d expect..’ is closed to new replies.