Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Editor’s Choice Awards 2020 – Mark’s Picks
  • Mark

First published in Singletrack Magazine Issue 134. It’s been a ‘special’ year, for sure, but the sun has continued to come up and bikes have still bee …

By mark

Get the full story on our front page at:

Editor’s Choice Awards 2020 – Mark’s Picks

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

snotrag

Been running an X-fusion Manic on my Hardtail all year, I think I prefer it to the Transfer on my other bike. Good kit.

Specialized have got form with the accessible suspension bike stuff too – remember the Specialized Pitch?

And even further – the original Big Hit – remember when that was launched and you could buy the frame only in brown, for about £650? They were everywhere!

stingmered

This might be controversial, but I was reading the same article in my physical copy of ST mag this morning and guess what, I actually much prefer the pictures replicated online. The picture of Mark airborne in the mag doesn’t appear to give the same depth of field, or something… (I’m not a photographer). I don’t know what it is but the colours and vibrancy just do not look as good as the online pics above. There, I’ve said it..

Still love a physical magazine BTW, but now slightly miffed that the pics (to my eyes) are not as ‘good’.

zerocool

Specialized have had a good record of releasing a really good budget option. As said above there was the Big Hit (original and later version), the Pitch and the original Status.

If I was in the market for a park bike this would be right up there, especially as like most people I have a small collection of nice bars, stems, cranks and wheel set that I could easily swap over to save weight, etc.

Andy-R

Re. the photographs, print or on-line versions – it’s the difference between looking at a print or a projected transparency.
    The print relies on the reflectivity of the paper that it’s printed on whereas the on-line version is, like a transparency, back-lit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

Good Books For Middle-Aged Women
Singletrack Video Archive: Good Books For Middle-Aged Women