Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Eddie Murphy in Beverley Hills Cop
  • scuttler

BHC2 currently on ITV9. He’s soooooooo good in these films. Best of the eighties!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Trading Places of course, and his stand up.   Coming to america sequel soon too!

BoardinBob

ITV 9???

jon1973
    Free Member

I think he took his eye off the ball with Beverly Hill Cops 3 though.

ITV4

Drac

Beverly Hills Cop 4 moves to Netflix with Eddie Murphy https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50424634

kayak23

jekkyl

I I I I want the knnnnniffee
    Pleeeeeeease

zilog6128

One of my all time faves. Great cast full of comic talent! Back in the days of DVDs I watched the “making of”, a lot of the lines were improvised – they had to film Bronson Pinchot’s scenes a number of times as he just came up with that character from nowhere and everybody kept cracking up 😂

2 is not terrible. 3 sucks balls, as will 4 🙁

footflaps

Absolutely brilliant film, that and Top Gun define the era….

Loughan
    Free Member

Now can’t stop whistling the riff

colp

You all need to watch “Dolemite is my name”

baboonz
    Free Member

I tried watching it( it’s the one in Netflix right?) and found it incredibly boring.

colp

I thought it was brilliant, Eddie Murphy at his best and Wesley Snipes too

erictwinge
    Free Member

“Dolemite is my name” is absolutely class. loved it.

Coming to America was my Eddie Murphy film, still is. pretty sure i could still recite all the words…

matt_outandabout

null

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Brilliant.

Also in ‘Life’ with Martin Lawrence. Under-appreciated yet IMO maybe his best acting gig. I’ve watched that film a lot of times, it’s a top-drawer all time favourite.

Just remembered that one about the tiny alien piloting a human-sized replica vehicle of himself. When he’s trying to learn how to walk and smile like a human? That part made me choke.

athgray
    Free Member

The barbershop scene in Coming to America is great.

“Everybody know Cassius Clay is the greatest fighter!”

“What about Rocky Marciano?”

“Rocky Marciano, Rocky Marciano… Every time we talk about boxing, white boy got a pull Rocky Marciano out of his ass!”

This wont be the exact dialogue but it is something like this.

pondo

“He beat Joe Louis’ ass…” Great film.

Donkey in Shrek, too – brilliant. 🙂

senorj

My fave was “raw” .
    As adolescents ,a gang of us would be able to quote it all.
    Kissing his hirsute Aunty makes me laugh thinking about it.
    And “I’ve got an ice cream , you haven’t got one…”
    I have taught my son the “psych”.
    😃

bikebouy
    Free Member

Meet Dave, is a very clever film… one of my favourites too..

But BITD when Coming to America was just out my mates and I back then were going through both a Eddie phase and Bill Hicks.. mainly the stand-up routines.

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed that much, and been so embarrassed either at the same time, like ever since….

I think this week I’ll download Meet Dave..

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yup, rewatched Coming to America just a few weeks ago just because it was on the box and i was bored one wet Wednesday evening. He was very good in that era.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Delirious IMHO is THE BEST stand up performance of all time. And he was only 21 years old.
    Very clever comedy delivered in his imitable style. And that suit!

“Hey Eddie. You’re lookin’ mighdy cute in those jeans.”

Beverley Hills Cop also brilliant and in my top 10.

“Acmel, Achmed.”

woody2000

I love Eddie Murphy, Coming To America is one of my favourite films.  I liked Bowfinger, underrated IMO.

Will have to check out Dolemite 🙂

bobbyspangles

Dolemite dragged towards the end.

AlexSimon

My main memories of Coming to America are Sexual Chocolate and Soul Glo 🙂

scuttler

Highlights from last night BHC2 were the dialogues with Inspector Todd, the accountant and the delivery of the explosive bullets to the gun club. Mint.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Coming to America was the first film I ever watched in an American cinema, when the Movie ended a lot of people stood up clapping, cheering and punching the air. Fair enough it was quite good but what a bizarre way to conduct yourself, especially in public.

Riksbar

No mention for Trading Places?

funkmasterp

I loved The Golden Child. Terrible film, but Eddie was just improvising and having a laugh. “Hey bird! Did you just see a little HariKrishna midget in a tree, floating, or is it me?”

The stand up segments about having to eat and wear toys and his James Brown impersonation are two of my favourite bits of stand up ever.

“We ate the toys, Eddie. “We ate the toys and we never complained, “because my mother could cook her ass off. “My mother get some hot sauce and some salt and pepper, “make a Tonka truck taste so delicious. “The wheels will melt in your mouth, Eddie.

erictwinge
    Free Member

i rember going to LAs Vegas and seeing a huge bill board for Louie Anderson.

i was mega excited that Maurice the Mcdowells lettuce washer was doing stand-up!!

i had no idea he was one Americas most famous, adored, multi Emmy Award winning personalities!!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@riksbar

second post

damascus
    Free Member

This clip always makes me laugh and when ever I hear the song I always have to sing it (try to) like eddie

derek_starship
    Free Member

I can’t think about Trading Places without going into a trance thinking about JLC’s bod’.

SaxonRider

I remember think that his “White Like Me” sketch was pure genius.

Actually, MOST of his SNL work was excellent. “Mr Robinson’s Neighbourhood” anyone?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Eddie Murphy in Beverley Hills Cop’ is closed to new replies.