Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ebike similar to roadrat
  • chvck
    Free Member

I’m looking for an ebike that’s similar in style to my roadrat.

So something I can fit flat bars to. Panniers and full guards need to be possible as I’m going to end up commuting on it once I can’t ride the roadrat anymore. Reasonable tyre clearance as when I do road rides I get bored and go offroad. For the e side of things I want the battery part of the downtube so it’s not as obviously electric when locked up at work or in town. Don’t think I really mind whether bb or rear hub mounted motor.

Any ideas?

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Orbea Gain looks the most non ebike looking ebike…

Seen a Trek Super Commuter+ 8 in the metal and looked nice, would have liked it for SWMBO but the price put an end to that!
    <h1 class=”product-title”></h1>

martymac

Have you thought about fitting a kit to the roadrat?

hub motor, battery on downtube, take it with you when you park in town.

chvck
    Free Member

Thanks both, the gains are the ones that have most caught my attention so far, especially as it looks like they have lights that run off of the battery.. I haven’t ruled out buying a kit just yet. Something of some concern is also warranty claims with whatever I buy. I have not had much luck with my Levo but Specialized have been good on the warranty front.

sillyoldman

Ridgeback E-Flight?

hatter

+1 for the Ridgeback, first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title,

Denis99
    Free Member

I have a Trek Super Commuter 9+.

Its expensive at £3800,but has been faultless since buying it. Covered about 2,000 miles on it.

Only adjusted the chain once, as it has aNuVinci internal hub gear.

Excellent bike, but it is spendy.

chvck
    Free Member

Thanks for the further suggestions. Trek is definitely way out of budget unfortunately! I think that the Orbea is still winning at the moment but I’m going to look more closely at a kit too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ebike similar to roadrat’ is closed to new replies.