Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ebay question – collection of item (or not)
  • woody2000

I sold a table on eBay a week or so ago which the buyer was supposed to collect this weekend gone. It was a stone table, very heavy and the access to our house for collection is less than ideal – this was stated clearly in the advert, and in all the subsequent comms with the buyer. They arranged a courier to collect who took one look at it and said “I’m not taking that” (they hadn’t told him about the crap access or that it was a stone table).

I have a feeling the buyer will ask to cancel – can I tell them to jog on?

Jakester
    Free Member

Do you have his money? If so, I’d be tempted to say tough.

DezB
    Free Member

Readvertise on Gumtree for more local sales 😊

woody2000

They have already paid, so no problem there. Just wondered what the legal position is really i suppose. It’s not mine anymore & I need shut of it as it’s in the way. Chuck it in the garden and tell them to come fetch it? Tip it? 🙂

It may well end up on Gumtree Dez – though the buyer was only 20 miles away so not exactly remote!

Dickyboy

This is how one of my recent eBay sales ended up after buyer failed to collect & after I had refunded their PayPal payment (cash on collection only sale)

well done Head .
    Finally your getting the hint , hint ..
    I mean even John Macinrow would say something to you .
    If you offered for nothing I would not have any dealings with you .
    God loves you and he is all forgiving so you may still enter the kingdom of heaven .You must truly be humble and pray to God and mean it as he is all around us .
    God is life .
    Jesus gave his life to save people,s sins .
    Would you do that, die on a cross.
    If you decide to do the ayatollah or are of any religion then I accept ones human rights to any form of religion provided it us of noble and sincere beliefs.
    Go #### yourself.

I politely reminded them that I had their full name and address 😂

woody2000

That is a concern Dickyboy – what if the buyer is a fruitloop & they have my address. I have theirs too (in theory) I suppose, however the address on the PayPal payment is a post office which seems slightly odd.

maccruiskeen

They have already paid, so no problem there

When you can’t supply a tracking number to show that it has been shipped (even if they buyer had turned up in person and taken it away) eBay will just hoover the money back out of your account.

Dickyboy

Woody – mine was definitely a fruitloop, that was just one of many odd messages I received, thankfully he lives miles away and doesn’t have my address.
    As maccruisekeen says with PayPal payment & collection you won’t have a leg to stand on, hence why I refunded the guy in the first place

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

damn ebay, i sold a bike to someone the other end of the country 500 mile round trip, cant imagine they’ll come

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ebay question – collection of item (or not)’ is closed to new replies.