Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ebay problem
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Last month I sold an item on Ebay. I got payed on the 17th and posted the item on the 18th leting the buyer know it was being sent, it was over £150 and went first class recorded the postage was £9. So far so good but I haven't had any feedback or communication from the buyer, so I decided to track it. The post office web site says its on the way back to me either it couldn't be delivered or it wasn't collected from the sorting office.
    So whats the form ? I haven't heard from the buyer. The item belongs to him, but I'm not going to pay anymore money to post it ( I've done it once ), who's responsibility is it to sort out postage and delivery for a second time ?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

You should talk to your buyer and see what they want to do.

If you've contacted them, i'd leave it until they contact you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yours I would say. The contract is he pays you and you supply the goods. Until he receives the goods you have not fulfilled your side of it

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

TJ, providing the buyer has provided the correct address but hasn't signed for it/collected it, theres not much the seller can do.

taxi25
    Free Member

Yours I would say. The contract is he pays you and you supply the goods. Until he receives the goods you have not fulfilled your side of it

You could say that but, If he doesn't bother to pick it up from the post office in time he's broken the contract. If you follow your logic I could keep posting it back and for for eternity.

spooky_b329

Wait for it to come back. Email and ask how s/he wants to proceed, compensate you for your troubles/relisting, or pay for a second delivery attempt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ebay problem’ is closed to new replies.