Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ebay madness…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Just watched a set of The One brakes go for MORE than they cost to buy through Stif at the moment (with their 15% discount offer)! They were allegedly new OEM (removed from a bike), but they’d still have no warranty right?? So why the bl00dy hell would someone pay more than new price for them? the flamin’ galahs…

The seller was quite canny really, listing the front and rear seperately, total cost to some poor joker was £356 (£166 front and £190 rear, assuming the same person won both)… Brand new from Stif they’d be £316 with a full warranty!

Gutted I missed out on an auction the other night due to drinking with work, new OEM front/rear Formula The One’s with 200mm/180mm rotors went for a much more realistic and bargaintastic £223!!

ah **** it, I’m buying mine of Stif and with 15% off and I’ll still save some money… though looks like I’ll have to wait till the end of March for my brakes 🙁

KonaTC

What’s the old proverb “a fool and his money are soon parted”

Even after 100’s of auctions it still amazes me when items go for more money than buying them new 😯

spooky_b329

I sold some brand new MZ Comps for more than the CRC price a while back 🙂

And an old 550MHz Athlon processor for several times more than the 900Mhz versions were going for (they were interchangeable) I actually emailed him to tell him to stop taking the piss and just ask me to cancel his bid if he didn’t want it…turned out he was genuine 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ebay madness…’ is closed to new replies.