Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay chancer…. how long does he get?
  • theotherjonv

I sold some shoes on ebay, were hardly worn but too short for me. £65 shoes, and I left cleats on so new value around £75-80 which he got for £25.

Even as i packaged them I thought ‘bugger!’ – I meant to clean some dried mud out from under the cleats but stupid me couldn’t be arsed to open the box again. It’s only a couple of bits.

He then raised a complaint on ebay about not being ‘as described’ but I felt suspicious; apparently a bit of mud in the box by now means they can’t be used but VGC. I suspect he either found they didn’t fit (like me the label size compared to my expectation) or was angling after me knocking another fiver off or something. But a spidey sense was tingling so i didn’t, i said if he wasn’t happy to post them back and once I had them, i’d refund.

That was 2 weeks ago, there’s still an ebay ‘unresolved’ return on the system, do i need to contact him or ebay and find out what’s happening / close it off or does it just lapse if he doesn’t return them?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Everything through ebay isn’t it?

willard

How much do you want to bet he claims he posted them and still wants his refund?

perchypanther
    Free Member

You should have got your preemptive retaliation in first by weeing in the shoes before you sealed the box.

theotherjonv

@willard – has crossed my mind, of course.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ask for them to be returned via eBay, ya might end up paying postage.

But you know how much postage is…

theotherjonv

I did that – used the ebay ‘print a return label’ option – what service would that be?

plyphon
    Free Member

You’ll only end up paying for return postage if he can convince ebay they are not as described or similar.

If he wants to return them, then thats on him.

I assume you took plenty of photos for the listing which would confirm their condition.

If you’re worried, phone ebay – they’re actually really good on the phone in my experience.

DezB
    Free Member

Do you sell a lot of stuff on ebay? If not, you should’ve just told him to suck it up (literally in the case of the mud) and let him raise a dispute. You know they were ‘as described’ so he hasn’t got a case. You just have to wait the stupid **** ebay compulsary 8 days for a decision to be made.

theotherjonv

seems like it in hindsight….. but I’ve done the return now. I did some googling and found conflicting information; return was agreed on 28.7 (item was delivered sooner but he had to go to the PO to get it, and then took a couple of days to complain) and he has 14 business days from then to return (so to 17th apparently!)

Elsewhere though it says if I haven’t received them by 8th i can ask ebay to intervene.

TBH I think I’ll sit tight as i think he was trying it on to get some refund. OK, I’m down by the ebay return postage but I won’t push him to act and if he’s a millisecond outside the return window i’ll tell him to get stretched.

Alphabet

When I’ve had return requests and the buyer hasn’t returned the item, eBay have closed the request without any input from me. I guess they probably send the buyer a reminder after a certain time and if they don’t get a response then just close the open request.

theotherjonv

@alphabet – has that happened often? I don’t sell on ebay much so not sure if this is a regular thing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay chancer…. how long does he get?’ is closed to new replies.