Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ebay advice on silent winner
  • ironbrucove

I’m new to Ebay, usually buy and sell stuff on here without a hitch.
    Selling a road frame on Ebay. Auction closed on Sunday night, the chap who won has not been in touch, or paid. I’ve sent him a message asking if he wants to collect it or courier it, but no word.
    How long would you leave it before re-listing the frame. I was going to send him another message tonight and give him till Sunday. Does the collect think thats fair or bang out of order?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I sold something on Sunday, the guy just paid me today without any contact before that. I find it’s not unusual to have a bit of delay, maybe they are selling things and are awaiting payment etc.

I’d maybe drop the buyer a nice note tonight, just checking if everything is okay, that’s it’s cool they haven’t paid yet but could you let them know if there are any issues blah blah blah – you’d just like a reply back that the intention is there to pay basically.

A week is long enough. Relist it on Sunday.

Don’t forget to also put a ‘payment not received’ request in to get your fees back on the original auction otherwise the fees will get taken off regardless. If the original buyer doesn’t accept the non payment it takes 2 weeks IIRC to get refunded.

alfabus
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about not getting emails from people… some people don’t like to deal with others much – hence the appeal of buying online – they can just pay and receive things.

A week seems long enough to wait with no contact at all though.

Dave

footstomper
    Free Member

Have a quick look at his or hers feedback, this will give you an indication to their buying & selling habits. I wouldn’t be too concerned just yet, they may work away without access to a computer until home again. As has been said give them until at least this Sunday before considering reposting.

woody74

I would send an email giving them 24hrs to pay or email back and if not relist. Far to many people win auctions and then just don’t get in contact or pay as they change their mind. If I don’t hear from the buyer within 48hrs I just realist, can’t be arsed with chasing people constantly.

ski
    Free Member

After a week you get the option to start a none payment dispute, for what’s thats worth.

As a seller, you no longer get an option to neg. rate a buyer, so this I think adds to the problem of none paying buyers!

[edit] does anyone know if ebay keeps tabs on the number of times a buyer does not pay for items & what they do, if this happens often with a buyers a/c?

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Are you the same irnbrucove who’s just sold me a Handjob frame?

ironbrucove

I am mchlptchr. Your frame is boxed and sitting waiting for the courier, and I have to say our transaction was so straight forward and finger crossed has gone without a hitch, a pleasure.

Adam

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Always nice to get good feedback!

Looking forward to getting it up and running.

What sort of kit did you have on it and did you always stick to the recommended 100mm forks? I’m tempted to put some 120/130mm travel ones on…

ironbrucove

mchlptchr, I ran 100mm bomber or rigid Pace rc31s depending on what I was doing. Everything else was run of the mill shimano, hope and sram stuff. You’ll be glad to know all head tube, bottom bracket and disk mount were are all faced up from new.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ebay advice on silent winner’ is closed to new replies.