Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • EasyJet threaten to disembark passenger for tweeting about them.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

He comes across as one of these “millennials” who try to use social media to bully and coerce companies, or at least try and do some kind of reputational damage just because he didn’t get his own way. Good to see EJ standing up to dicks like this.

His tweet wasn’t even about him getting his own way. It was about easyjet refusing to help in unusual circumstances.

He wrote a tweet, if he hadn’t copied @easyjet in none of this would have happened. He was trying to help the soldier who was going to miss his boat hence copying @easyjet in.

Personally i don’t see how this makes him a dick. People use Twitter everyday to get companies attention. Plus i have had more help from twitter accounts than i have customer helplines.

The tweet didn’t harm easyjet at all but the reaction has. Someone somewhere didn’t like the easyjet twitter account getting spammed. That’s just tough luck. Don’t have a public twitter account if you don’t want the negatives that come with it.

The tweet won’t stop people using easyjet but it is negative press and they won’t like that.

ourmaninthenorth

He comes across as one of these “millennials”

Some other “millenials”:

mrmoofo

His tweet wasn’t even about him getting his own way. It was about easyjet refusing to help in unusual circumstances.

He wrote a tweet, if he hadn’t copied @easyjet in none of this would have happened. He was trying to help the soldier who was going to miss his boat hence copying @easyjet in.

Personally i don’t see how this makes him a dick.

He tweeted about an every day occurence to us travellers – it wasn’t unusual at all. He tweeted on a really dull, boring subject that affected everyone in the same queue as him. And then to get some attention he included EasyJet. And got a reaction …

Had he not tweeted and copied easyjet, then none of this would have happened – and he would have never become famous as a hero fighting for the rights of victimised passengers.

The vast majority of Twitter users report on the mundane and the stupid details on life, cos it makes them super interesting, like their heroes. And then , because of this, they think they are a celeb, and deserve to be treated like one. It’s a very self absorbed pastime – but rock on, if you love it, feel free.

Delays on planes are now subject to EU regulations – I outlined them above. I fly 100 x plus a year. 90 minutes delay in an inconvenience – not an unusual happening. If you cannot sort out your own travel arrangements before an after flying , maybe you are not suitable to fly on you own.

He seemed to expect EJ to pay for his travel – so , in fact, every other customer has to subidise the cost of this in their tickets. So flights will get more expensive, airlines will build in huge turn- around times, and the service will get worse ….

That is why he is a dick

wwaswas

Mrmoofo you know he wasn’t tweeting about his own experience and wanted nothing for himself out of easy jet don’t you?

mrmoofo

I know that … he was tweeting about someone else’s experience, and moaning at EJ wouldn’t pay – so why was he tweeting? Including the statement “get into em”
    What did he hope to gain – other than short term noteriety in the Twittersphere

timc
    Free Member

he’s clearly a tw4t, funny

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

He tweeted about an every day occurence to us travellers – it wasn’t unusual at all. He tweeted on a really dull, boring subject that affected everyone in the same queue as him. And then to get some attention he included EasyJet. And got a reaction …

The unusual part was aimed at the soldier needing to get to his leaving boat.

He’s a lecturer in law do you really think he cares about being famous on twitter.

He was disappointed with their response regarding the soldier.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

LHS – Member

Doesn’t surprise me, I provided feedback to an Easyjet supervisor that one of his staff needed some training in customer relations after they were rather rude when I was trying to find out more information on a cancelled flight. He basically told me he didn’t care and if I complained again he wouldn’t let me fly. Its the nightclub bouncer syndrome.

I had the opposite experience once. I was behind a guy is the customer services line who was going off on one about not getting on our overbooked flight, demanding to see their supervisor etc etc. I got ushered round the back of the kiosk and booked onto the last seat of the only other flight that day as apparently he was about to be told they were all booked up.

Sometimes it pays not to be ‘that’ guy.

mrmoofo

The unusual part was aimed at the soldier needing to get to his leaving boat.

I think the army would see that as a disciplinary on the basis of ensuring you are there well before time – it is the soldiers issue and not easy jets.

They are not going to make the plane suddenly take off because someone is going to miss an appointment. If it was that easy we would all do it!

What would have said soldier done had the flight be cancelled ( it happens) weather grounded the flight ( it happens) , the trains were running on time , he had his wallet stolen, etc, etc

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ve read the tweets have you. He wanted help in sorting other means of transport to get to his destination. Not putting on another flight.

mrmoofo

I don’t think you’ve read the tweets have you. He wanted help in sorting other means of transport to get to his destination. Not putting on another flight.

No matter what, the soldier had not left enough time to get to where he needed to be, to ensure he was at his boat at the right time.
    What were EJ meant to do?

Give me what you think they could /should have done?

And this all getting a bit pointless TBH

wwaswas

They should have *not* threatened to disembark another passenger who commented on the situation on his Twitter account?

No one is saying they should have helped the soldier, just not got arsey with the bloke who tweeted about it.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

But we are talking about the the tweet and easy jets reaction not what easy jet should have done.

I’m talking about why he sent the tweet.

Jamie
    Free Member

Because Easyjet had to delay the flight, a soldier missed his plane. This meant he missed his connecting flight. As a result, it meant he wasn’t where he was supposed to be the following day when a bullet went whizzing through the space he would have otherwise been occupying. Due to this turn of events, he survived to become President of the World, and was integral in fighting off the evil Banjanx hoardes in the great Alien Wars of 2043.

He also cured cancer.

This twist was brought to you by M. Night Shyamalan.

ninfan
    Free Member

I don’t really get how the Airport staff knew about him tweeting it – either there’s somebody at easyjet HQ 24/7 who suddenly had to check all the flights that might connect to Pompey and were late, then phone the airport and get them to stop him…

Or possibly they knew because he was stuck on transmit!

Look everyone, look what they’re doing, I’m tweeting about it right now!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

check all the flights that might connect to Pompey

Portsmouth is of course well know for having an airport.

Oh, hold on a minute…

compositepro
    Free Member

its a shame there isn’t some kind of like safety guy who has the power to inspect and ground aircraft on a whim…imagine that

tweeted about our airline i wont let you fly

Ok then heres My badass badge…Im now grounding your flights till im (not as pissed off) satisfied your competent

ABUSE OF IMAGINARY POWER

allmountainventure
    Free Member

What did he mean when he said “get into em” then?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

apart from “LOOK AT ME” I would assume it was a rallying call to his followers to take some kind of action against Easyjet, could easily have been taken as a threat.

Pook

It’s Em I feel sorry for. What’s she done wrong?

Drac

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Right, so the NSA Easyjet knew about the tweet, as he told them that is what he was doing, and probably showed them?

nealglover
    Free Member

He’s a lecturer in law do you really think he cares about being famous on twitter.

Yes I do.

But I’ve read some of his twitter feed and seen the area of Law that he lectures in.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘EasyJet threaten to disembark passenger for tweeting about them.’ is closed to new replies.