Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • EasyJet threaten to disembark passenger for tweeting about them.
  • wwaswas

It’s almost worse than the NSA/GCHQ watching what you do, isn’t it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

OK, buy a cheap airline ticket easyjet/ryanair and don’t expect things like onward connections.

Pigface
    Free Member

There has to be more to this otherwise they just committed PR suicide.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Presumably the @easyjet thing in the tweet means they get to see it straight away (don’t use twitter, so guessing?). Does that pop it up on their feed or something?
    If that’s correct, then it’s not exactly like they are spying on people, more like he directed his tweet at easyjet.

Not sure how I feel about this. Are easyjet obliged to fly you under any circumstances? At what point can they say ‘actually mate, you’re taking the mick, we don’t want you to come on our plane’??
    Don’t know the circumstances of his rant, but it sounds like he’s trying to stir things up via twitter. I could imagine him being a right gobshite, so for that reason, meh….

I am flying Easyjet in November. Will have to remember not to whine about them on social media until I get back to the UK…

zilog6128

There has to be more to this otherwise they just committed PR suicide.

Did they though? Even if the pilot personally slapped each passenger round the face before takeoff people would still fly with them, if they were the cheapest option.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t know the circumstances of his rant, but it sounds like he’s trying to stir things up via twitter. I could imagine him being a right gobshite, so for that reason, meh….

Trying to get something he thinks he paid for but actually hasn’t. I used twitter to register a complaint with Qantas – as directed by the terminal staff and they took it offline and sorted it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are easyjet obliged to fly you under any circumstances? At what point can they say ‘actually mate, you’re taking the mick, we don’t want you to come on our plane’??

Pretty much any flight ticket has conditions attached, one of which will always be that the airline retains the right to refuse travel/boarding etc under certain circs. Now, normally this would be for drunk, abusive asshats or people who are taken ill (Had a chap with strong chest pains refuse to get off a flight once. Sat on the tarmac for three hours as they persuaded him and his family that a 12 hour flight to HK wasn’t a good idea and got them and their baggage off).

However, just a simple complaint like that shouldn’t really be enough to refuse travel IMO.

Even if the pilot personally slapped each passenger round the face before takeoff people would still fly with them, if they were the still held on that mistaken belief that they were the cheapest option.

🙂

Mackem

What was the original tweet?

Jamie
    Free Member

😐

DrJ

I used twitter to register a complaint with Qantas – as directed by the terminal staff and they took it offline and sorted it.

Likewise with KLM – impressively efficient. That’s why they get my $$ and EasyJet, Ryanair, Norwegian etc. don’t.

wwaswas

What was the original tweet?

The one about the soldier not being helped out.

He wasn’t complaining about how he had been treated, just commenting on another passenger.

LHS
    Free Member

Doesn’t surprise me, I provided feedback to an Easyjet supervisor that one of his staff needed some training in customer relations after they were rather rude when I was trying to find out more information on a cancelled flight. He basically told me he didn’t care and if I complained again he wouldn’t let me fly. Its the nightclub bouncer syndrome.

Mackem

I had assumed there must have been a dodgier earlier tweet, if that’s all it was then Easyjet have made themselves look stupid. But, i’ll still use them as I have no other realistic choice,

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It’s almost worse than the NSA/GCHQ watching what you do, isn’t it?

When you think about it, it’s really not even anything like it.

kimbers

air travel is a lottery, booked a flight with BA but part of it was with their ‘partner’ airline Iberia- the staff of which were rude and clueless, they did eventually put us up in hotel but it took many hours of being shunted around the airport

BoardinBob

When you think about it, it’s really not even anything like it.

I’d hazard a guess that a rendition flight and the subsequent torture following some NSA/GCHQ snooping would probably be more enjoyable than flying with Easyjet or Ryanair

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He looks like a bit of a self promotion attention seeker, easyjet probably did him a favour 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Swiss Air are **** too.

I try not to fly at all if I can help it.

wwaswas

it’s really not even anything like it.

I sort of meant monitoring your online ‘life’ and making decisions about how to treat you as a customer as a result, I suppose.

Maybe the NSA thing was a bit of a stretch.

I wonder if they weigh the number of followers you have on Twitter and base their response on that? More followers = more positive response?

baby
    Free Member

To be fair to Mark Leiser his twitter profile suggests that he’s a proper ‘fin du cloche’.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’d hazard a guess that a rendition flight and the subsequent torture following some NSA/GCHQ snooping would probably be more enjoyable than flying with Easyjet or Ryanair

I’d hazard a guess that it wouldn’t.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably right but Ryanair would charge you more if you didn’t bring your own electrodes.

nealglover
    Free Member

Seems like a bit of a coincidence …..

My interests are governance -Internet and Corporate, copyright, trademarks, social media and Internet Regulation. I lecture part of Internet Law and am a tutor for Internet Law, Commercial Law, Business Law, Legal methods, and Voluntary Obligations.

wwaswas

but if that’s true then he wouldn’t tweet a lie with an @easyjet in it for them to see?

scaredypants

his glasses aren’t on straight – clearly terrorist material

nealglover
    Free Member

but if that’s true then he wouldn’t tweet a lie with an @easyjet in it for them to see?

If what is true ?

stumpy01

wwaswas – Member
    I sort of meant monitoring your online ‘life’ and making decisions about how to treat you as a customer as a result, I suppose.

But, they aren’t ‘monitoring your online life’. He stuck a tweet on with a tag thing to easyjet. It probably popped up on their twitter feed and someone made a call to say find out what this bloke is on about.

I imagine it’s the bit that says “Get right into ’em!” that got their backs up, as if he’s expecting his (presumably) hoardes of twatter followers to suddenly fly into an anti-Easyjet rage like those evil flying monkey things in the Wizard of Oz.

Jamie
    Free Member

He stuck a tweet on with a tag thing to easyjet. It probably popped up on their twitter feed and someone made a call to say find out what this bloke is on about.

No probably about it. Putting @easyjet in the tweet is the same as writing an address on an envelope, or dialling their phone number. He wanted to get their attention, and got his wish it seems.

wwaswas

If what is true ?

Well I thought you were implying with;

Seems like a bit of a coincidence …..

that he’d somehow made up the situation to tweet about it and then jump on his legal high horse when they reacted?

stumpy01

Jamie – Member
    No probably about it. Putting @easyjet in the tweet is the same as writing an address on an envelope, or dialling their phone number. He wanted to get their attention, and got his wish it seems.

Yeah, I figured that was the case, but don’t use twitter so didn’t want to assume it did.
    I am very wary of people on here who seem to want to jump on anything you say that is incorrect and take great joy in pointing it out. Hence I tend to use ‘i think’, ‘probably’, ‘IMO’ etc. a lot…..

EDIT – PS – not that I am implying that’s what you were doing, as I don’t think you were….. 🙂

baby
    Free Member

i I think’

Ahem

stumpy01

baby – Member

Ahem.

Ahem.

wwaswas

The indy have picked it up;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/easyjet-threatens-not-to-let-passenger-board-after-he-criticises-airline-on-twitter-8838441.html

The hashtag easyjetgate seems to be seeing some traffic too.

kimbers

a lecturer flying from glasgow ona friday night
    he was pissed for sure 😉

wwaswas

Last night was Tuesday?

meehaja
    Free Member

They only let him on the flight because he “flashed his law lecturing ID”. Damn, I need to get one of those! Is this a society I can join?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mrmoofo

I fly with EJ every week …
    Sometimes on time and sometimes its delayed … hell , that’s life. They are a low cost operator and that is why I use them.

Flights get delayed – including Virgin, BA, SSA, Lufthansa etc. None of them will pay for to get to and from an airport
    90 minutes delay is just operational norm. After 3 hours delay and 500 km from you home base, they have to pay 250 euros compo. longer and the compo goes up – it is governed by EU directive.

TBH, the guy seems like a whingy dick.

iolo
    Free Member

Mrmoofo+1

I regularly fly with various airline, the cheaper the better.
    If you read and understand what you get, what you can and cannot take there should be no problem.
    Delays happen, get over it. Nobody wants them. They’re not planned.
    I’ve always called the airline to check the flight is going before leaving the house.

andyrm
    Free Member

I fly with EJ every week …
    Sometimes on time and sometimes its delayed … hell , that’s life. They are a low cost operator and that is why I use them.

Flights get delayed – including Virgin, BA, SSA, Lufthansa etc. None of them will pay for to get to and from an airport
    90 minutes delay is just operational norm. After 3 hours delay and 500 km from you home base, they have to pay 250 euros compo. longer and the compo goes up – it is governed by EU directive.

TBH, the guy seems like a whingy dick.

This.

He comes across as one of these “millennials” who try to use social media to bully and coerce companies, or at least try and do some kind of reputational damage just because he didn’t get his own way. Good to see EJ standing up to dicks like this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘EasyJet threaten to disembark passenger for tweeting about them.’ is closed to new replies.