Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Easy to clean hydration bladder?
  • leffeboy

As above.  Don’t have space on my bike for more than a 500ml bottle but need more than that. Not too fussed about a particular brand but looking for recommendations on a 1.5 to 2l bladder that is easy to clean eg opens wide, parts come off easily etc

Poopscoop

Evoc/ Source come to mind matey.👍

EDIT: I think Decathlon do a couple too.

dc1988

Any Hydrapak ones, I think a few brands use them. They open fully at the top so can be turned inside out.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Decathlon ones seal along the top, mine is brilliant, easily cleaned.

fazzini

Halfords do them too and very easy to clean and very good too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rinse and store in freezer. Not had cleaning issues with any of them doing this.

trumpton
    Free Member

Take out of freezer and pour boiling water on it safely.

Tiboy

Since using freezer method haven’t had any issues but only use water in ours. Much better than trying to clean and dry!

flicker
    Free Member

Hydrapak.

Very easy to clean but best of all they don’t really need it, haven’t cleaned mine in over a year but it does get used daily so never left to sit more than 1-2 days.

scotroutes

Hydrapak / Source. Even the wide mouthed Camelbacks are fine.

Freezer storage helps.

mrb123
    Free Member

The Osprey ones are the best design IMO

fazzini

+1 for freezer storage

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Osprey bladder is difficult to empty fully due to the lip above the filler cap-which has a very stiff retainer loop on it which doesn’t allow the cap to flap open. I have to stuff a couple of pieces of kitchen roll in it to absorb the trapped water.

pugster007
    Free Member

Freezer storage after a rinse every use, occasionally leave it overnight filled with water and Milton style tablets, same for those and mouth piece.

dc1988

I don’t store my Hydrapak bladder in my freezer and it’s only used a few times a year, I haven’t had any issues with mould or funny tastes and smells.

leffeboy

Great info thanks. I’ll take a look at those

Does anyone use cleaning brushes on the hose? Are they worth it

For folks sticking it in the freezer – does it smell funny after? Sometimes stuff that’s been frozen smells a bit weird after

trumpton
    Free Member

Haven’t noticed mine smelling.

masterdabber
    Free Member

I just pop a Milton tablet in my 2.5L Osprey every few uses.

daviek

only ever used a Camelback with a sort of screw cap thing on the side and an osprey one that has a clamp that slides accross the top of the bladder and it’s great. As mentioned above though once its washed out and left to dry for a bit its stuck in the freezer until next time.

mrb123
    Free Member

Osprey bladder is difficult to empty fully due to the lip above the filler cap-which has a very stiff retainer loop on it which doesn’t allow the cap to flap open. I have to stuff a couple of pieces of kitchen roll in it to absorb the trapped water.

The latest ones don’t have a filler cap at all. The full end opens up so you can get right in there to clean them out. The top folds over on itself to close – seems like it won’t work but it does. The design is a big step forward IMO.

https://www.ospreyeurope.com/shop/gb_en/hydration-backpacks-reservoirs/reservoirs-spares

allanoleary
    Free Member

The Osprey ones are the best design IMO

Osprey are Hydrapak. I find their bladders much better than Camelbak IME. Also Decathlon ones are good, similar closure to Osprey/Hydrapak

enterusername
    Free Member

Osprey, dakine and evoc I know are hydrapak so have an easy to clean slide top style seal.

I only use water in mine so I just flush it through with fresh water and hang it upside down with the plastic seal inside the flap to hold it open, dries in a few hours.

jkomo

Using water without anything in helps.
    I use source ones, you can get a towel in and dry them, I take the tube off and spin it round to get the water out. Hang on radiator. Store when totally dry.

leffeboy

Hydrapak/Osprey/Decathlon all looking good thanks.  Just need to go and press buy on one somewhere

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Easy to clean hydration bladder?’ is closed to new replies.