Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Eastridge riding tips
  • russyh
    Free Member

Hi all,

small group of us are planning to head to Eastridge to explore the trails tomorrow.  Any local tips at all?  Do you get a phone signal there so we can use Strava/ Trailforks to navigate?  How easy is it to find the off piste stuff?

thanks in advance

Speshpaul

Any tips?
    Yes, bring a coat and some grippy tyres. Its weeeeeeeeing down.
    phone yes,
    navigate- follow the signs for the red. its tough hardly any flat, either hard up or hard down.
    you will spot lots of off piste as you go round. some has been blocked off, please don’t ride anything that’s been blocked.
    Do the red, have a breather then go free style. but some of the off piste routes are really steep, if you are not sure have a look.
    if you park in the habberley car park you can take the fire road from the opposite end to were the red starts for a less demanding climb back up. if you keep going up it will take you to the top.
    roughly speaking the hill is a cone (it isn’t but for this purpose) if you ride down pretty much any trail and turn left at the bottom you’ll pick up the fire road to the top. from that you can find the car park.
    the pub in Hadderley is nice for a beer but doesn’t do food.
    try the stiperstones inn and Johns shop next door.
    message for a route to the pub and back

russyh
    Free Member

Legend thank you! Will report back as to how we get on.  Used to steep muddy off piste so looking forward to somewhere new

Speshpaul

“Used to steep muddy off piste ”
    think roots and loose rocks:-)

russyh
    Free Member

Cheers, we ride FOD mostly and South Wales stuff. That’s all we got…

steamtb

I second the great comments above, a fun place in the wet and technically speaking a world away from your average trail centre; lots of slippy roots and rocks. I always found it quite brutal to go quickly in the wet on a hardtail, on my current enduro bike it’s just brilliant fun. I was there yesterday, I thought it was riding well. The easier route to the top from the opposite end of the car park that’s mentioned above, is the best route up once you’ve finished the red. You can then choose to either go halfway up and pick some runs down and repeat or continue to the top and do some fantastic long runs back towards the car park. 🙂

russyh
    Free Member

Had a fantastic day there.  Amazed at the great condition of the trails given the rain we have had.

Obviously we have only just scratched the surface, but really enjoyed riding there.

thanks for the tips guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Eastridge riding tips’ is closed to new replies.