Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • easton ec70 cnt riser xc – strong enough for ‘everything’ except DH racing?
  • Vortexracing

Anybody using these and what are the opinions on the strength?

Considering buying them for general riding with small amounts of ‘wheels a little off ground’ but thats about it.

No big DH stuff.

Any views

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I’m using a set of these on my Foes FXR, I’m going to take it to the Alps this year and I’m not worried about the strength, you’ll be fine for 99% of the riding unless you intend to do the Red Bull Rampage.

GW
    Free Member

seen the DH carbon bars fail – it’s just not worth the risk

Vortexracing

typical STW

just when you look for a straight forward answer.

you get 50/50

poppa
    Free Member

I would suggest that unless you are doing full on dirt jumps, downhill or big ‘hucks’ to go for it. Easton apparently claim that their carbon Monkeybars (or whatever theyre called) are the strongest they do. Just be sure to tighten your stem and controls to the correct toques.

poppa
    Free Member

And make sure you have no sharp edges on your clamps etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

I ride them.

They will be fine for ‘small amount of wheels off the ground riding’. If they were that weak, do you honestly think a team of designers would create them? Do you think a big reputable company would produce something that wasn’t fit for purpose? Or something that could only be used by lightweights mincing gingerly round town getting off for kerbs? Come off it. Anything produced by a mainstream manuf (especially that has been around for many years) will be fine unless you are either a) really big and/or fat b) a downhiller/freerider or c) an absolute hamfisted animal.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Of all the carbon bars around I trust Easton the most, I’ve got Monkeylites on all four MTB’s.

nickc

From Easton? Of course, use them without worry.

solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve seen two sets of their DH bars snap. If you’re not racing weight shouldn’t matter to you that much. Harder riding is more likely to leave with scratched/scored bars so that is a no to carbon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘easton ec70 cnt riser xc – strong enough for ‘everything’ except DH racing?’ is closed to new replies.