• This topic has 72 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Easter Weekend & Holidays ..Riding Report & Pics
  • nickc

Day at home in Calderdale on Friday was minging, but a trip to Wales and revolution bike park has been in sun all day and amazing fun.

colournoise

Quick laps of the woods this morning.
    Tomorrow looks a total washout so tinkering time – new stem and fender to fit, maybe finally finish the bamboo road bike.
    Sunday OK so something local but longer hopefully.
    Monday’s forecast is horrendous but trip to Chicksands not called off yet.

3 down, one to go (maybe).

Was wet in the woods today. no rain, but the trails were holding a fair bit of water from yesterday. Little experiment with bike fit / geometry (thanks to Cy) was interesting but needs some more technical terrain than East Northants can offer to really test things out.

martinhutch

Lakes was awesome today. Much drier than I was expecting! Just a tour of the usual low-level and Grizedale, but brilliant to be out and not freezing cold!

Looking like Fairfield tomorrow if the wind allows!

Was looking at Fairfield from down there. Looked very snowy compared to some of the other peaks around…did you make it up there?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

very jealous of those that have been out riding, way too much snow still here although the roads are clearing and its now plus temps. and super sunny. snowboarding with my lad today and tomorrow , plus a quick xc ski for me.  now for more chocolate and beer. *boik*

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

My legs have been put through the wringer after today’s unexpected group ride, ~77.5 miles, almost doubling the distance of my next longest ride by distance so far this year, when almost all my training has been climbing Mount Zwift in under an hour since Jan!.

SO18 heading north to New Alresford; then west and crossing into West Sussex to near Selbourne; a meander south to Petersfield for a welcome cafe stop with lots of sugar Calories and a coffee for my poor legs; before heading south-west home via the “lower farm to Mercury” cat4 (happy to knock my PB down by almost a minute to 7min8secs).

Got home and couldn’t get the recording to upload, it was corrupt due to a memory full error, by luck I found a site to recover the data up until the memory was full and just have a ~6.5 mile manual entry. A little gutted it meant a hard effort up one of my local hill rep segments didn’t get timed, but more relieved I eventually found a way to rescue most of the data (given it was first time out with my new 4iiii power meter).

With three partial efforts up Alpe Du Zwift since Friday by “teleporting” in. this week is now my second best week by distance and best for climbing, getting my random 2018 target of 400,000 feet of climbing a bit more on track after having to cut back on rides in Feb… Only down side is, I think I’m now deep into “overtraining” territory on fitness/fatigue/form guides.

bazhall
    Free Member

Trip down to Glentress this morning with one of my mates I’ve not seen in a good while. Dusting of snow Spooky Woods made it interesting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhBuX8DnQBW/

postierich
    Free Member

Dubbs Jenkins Loughrigg Fairfield Alcock Tarn and back cracking day!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1483956388

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25HsJv8]29683269_10156397438056474_5105018487684895398_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25HsJmF]29572503_10156397437876474_1169817131129295192_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25HsJN2]29573037_10156397438496474_7395331613799102486_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25HsKfe]29598160_10156397439011474_7971740503145255678_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25HsKxi]29594723_10156397440026474_7075915415233375168_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

hodgynd
    Free Member

Mortal Man ?

An invitation to get absolutely hammered ?

I’d be looking for a pub named Knackered Man ..

singlespeedstu

Mortal Man ?

An invitation to get absolutely hammered ?

Rich only gets hammered when someone else is paying.😋

jekkyl

Double raindrop all day forecast tomorrow. What a pita!

dawson

40 mile Road ride on Friday, then 35miles of slop around Sherwood Forest on my singlespeed today

simondbarnes

Continued my long road back to fitness with a morning spin up to Rivi Pike and back. Nice to be out in the sunshine.

cyclesouthwest
    Free Member

So far this weekend:

Fri: A day of putting trails back together including an old favourite back in action.

Sat: A day of hill climbing and sharp descents in the steep-sided Teign Valley.

Sunday: 60km MTB ride or me. Very wet and sloppy in parts, rode some trails I’ve not ridden in ages, and bagged a reasonable amount of hills.

Mon: Not sure yet. Hopefully out for a road ride. possibly more trail maintenance

Reasonably comfortably over 2k climbing and about 80 km for this weekend so far, quite happy with that.

lowey

Rich… whats the Footpath up to the Hause like ? I’ve only ever gone up the Bridleway. It almost looks rideable from those pics.

postierich
    Free Member

Lowey its a 70% ride 30% push/carry

theboatman
    Free Member

Been a normal working weekend for me, so add in some child duties and I’ve been surviving on chilly wet road rides around ma hood.

bigfoot
    Free Member

lowey/rich how does going up that side compare with what we normally do which is up sweden bridge to the top then across to fairfield?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Graft, graft and more graft on the house….with cheeky local spin out with stevestunts, having an explore on the low fells. No picspbut Cheered the weekend right up.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I took a spin from the door with my overnight kit. Picked up part of the fred Whit route over the western fells with an over night stop in Ambleside.

I had the option of carrying on that route or a shorter return. Fresh snow on the tops and a strong wind made me decide on the soft option. The slog up Dunmail raise was pretty grim in a strong headwind and sleet! The breakfast in Keswick made it all seem worth while. My first trip in the tent this year here`s hoping there are plenty more.

[

chakaping
    Free Member

Decided to tick off my third 100km ride of the year yesterday after work. Bit cold and windy but at least it stayed dry.

Wore my Flanders socks in preparation for watching the race with my dinner.

postierich
    Free Member

Big foot done the Sweden Bridge way once and never again!!

bob_summers

Second week of camping on the edge of the catalán Pyrenees, almost overwhelmed with options.  I’m riding a road bike with 40mm tyres which has made the terrain a bit challenging though, a lot of carrying yesterday, and we’ve ridden a lot of gravel roads too.   Road ride tomorrow up the  Mare de Deu del mont, which is a 20km climb then a mix of single track and gravel to descend back to base, going to be a wrench returning to cold wet Basque mountains next week.

pipiom
    Free Member

Cracking day Saturday

in the Manx hills

matt_outandabout

Friday potter locally – no pics.

Chasing DofE groups around Loch Ard forest area – all forest tracks, lots of back and forth as I had two groups moving at very different speeds, so saw the same stretches of forest track three times….Nice to have a good few hours solitude in the sunshine though. I lay on the ground like a solar panel…

Today a very cold ride with youngest_oab at Carron Valley.

chakaping
    Free Member

in the Manx hills

Looks very dry there.

*checks ferry times*

pipiom
    Free Member

Most of it was dry, not so today ⛈🌧⛈🌧

chakaping
    Free Member

Tell me about it.

Had a taste of nice dry trails up in Tweed Valley last weekend, makes it all the more painful that it’s a slopfest round here again now.

martinhutch

Rich – how are you dropping off Heron Crag towards Alcock Tarn? Can’t see much of anything on the map or aerial shots?

That track up towards Hause Gap looks lovely.

lowey

Martin.. . just after Lord Crag there is an unmarked path that doubles back and descends to Alcock tarn.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21BJCAE]20171118_150351[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

There is a small cairn that marks the spot.

martinhutch

Cheers Lowey <S>Rich</S>. I see it now. Been spending half the day browsing OS maps and Geograph in front of the burner. 🙂 That looks like a fantastic way to get to and from Fairfield.

bigfoot
    Free Member

it is a good descent from the top of fairfield then down by alcock tarn. you can also push up nab scar to do the alcock tarn descent if you’re wanting a short ride or to fit in with something else.

rich – i don’t mind the sweden bridge way, fair bit of pushing but you also get a short but nice rocky descent in the middle

postierich
    Free Member

Weekend just got better Alpkit posted a easter treasure hunt on their FB page so we went for a wander and found the bottle buried next to a tree 🙂

£50 in vouchers ta very much daughter very happy.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25KUQB2]29497691_10156399865196474_7682187127515214155_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/G6CPhv]30072799_10156400120491474_1382851059899386420_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

OCB
    Free Member

Friday – South Devon lanes, in the rain.

Sunday – Southern Dartmoor lanes, in the rain.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Easter Weekend & Holidays ..Riding Report & Pics’ is closed to new replies.