Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Easter riding holiday ideas with the family
  • funkynick

Am hoping the hive-mind can come to the rescue on this one…

We were hoping to go to Oz for a month next Easter, but it looks like that will possibly be postponed until the year after, and so am trying to come up with something else… we are hoping we can still go somewhere amazing as our adopted son was so looking forward it, and we want it to be brilliant for him.

Unfortunately it’ll only be two weeks instead of the month as it would be taking the pee at work a little bit if I asked for another extended holiday the year after, plus it makes things easier taking nipper out of school, we had it covered with the school for the Oz trip… anywhere else though probably not!

Anyway, any ideas for a family holiday where we can all do some riding, but also have other activities to do as well.

Having been to Morzine a number of times on my own, I’d love to take the family there, the mountains would blow our boys mind, but obviously it’s not going to be good for riding at Easter and none of us do snow sports… likewise with other places in the Alps I’d like to go…

Outside of the Alps, I’ve got no idea what riding in other areas of France would be like…

Thoughts had also turned to Spain/Pyranees, but have never been and have no idea if there is anywhere even comparable with the PdS region etc… or even where the good riding areas are!

Someone else suggested Portugal as well, but as for Spain, we’ve got no idea…

So, really just looking for some pointers for places that might fit the bill…

So, must have some mtbing, ideally be in/near mountains as would also like to do go hiking and possibly via ferrata etc… near water would be good for canoeing etc and swimming… and ideally somewhere we can drive to/get a ferry/use the Chunnel etc

Oh… and quite possibly could I also have a moon on a stick as well?😁

kilo

Not quite what you’re after but maybe South Africa near Cape Town, overnight flight and no jet lag. go biking, find a Safari wine, eat out in Franshoek (sp?) cheap when you’re there as well. Used this guy a few times very good;

About Us

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Tenerife (where Mount Teide is the biggest climb in Europe), or another one of the Canary Islands. By Easter, temps will be warm but not roasting.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Finale great for family riding. Any riding really.

funkynick

Thanks folks…

South Africa is certainly somewhere we hadn’t thought of, although that might be pushing the cost a little…

Possible for the Canaries… and it’s probably mostly my snobbery which was making me not think of it before…

Hadn’t thought about Italy either… will have to investigate although as it’s certainly somewhere that I would love to go to…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Easter riding holiday ideas with the family’ is closed to new replies.