Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Earlyish Whyte T-130 anyone in Berks/Oxon got a large i can ride ?
  • weeksy

Yeah possibly…. We’ll see how time looks on Sat morning.

I assume Reverb is Dot4 ? I can’t see any reason i can’t take a bleed kit along and get it done in 10 mins ….

LOL it seems it’s not… 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Keepp the reverb. Even with the button remote over the newer 1x version it’s significantly better than the Vyron.

simondbarnes

I assume Reverb is Dot4

You assume incorrectly. They use 2.5wt suspension fluid.

weeksy

I know, i checked and saw that, hence me editing my post 🙂

I do have some 2.5 suspension fluid, but i think doing a reverb swap in a services on the M4 is asking a bit much. Bike is all ready to roll

russyh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t swap a second hand reverb for a dropper you have owned from new and are happy with. Personally I would arrange with the buyer of your bike a later time once you had swapped all the bits you needed to over. If he is keen to buy your bike then I’m sure he will be willing to flex, I know I would be!

razorrazoo

If the Reverb has a connectomajig (you’ll need to check this as I’m not sure which year these were introduced), then in theory you won’t need to bleed the Reverb. To be honest the main headache will be the internal routing if it goes in and out of the downtube (seatube only internal routing is easy – just don’t forget cable ties).

Also check the bar clamp set up on the new bike, if the Reverb uses MMX and has the brake lever attached to Reverb button bar clamp then you’ll need to sort this before a swap (as you’ll be left with brake lever and no clamp) – however it looks like Shimano brakes with a top mounted Reverb button, so this shouldn’t be an issue (apart from the Reverb button is better mounted under bar).

weeksy

Well we’ve got the start of a solution. My mate called and said “Why don’t i come over later, we’ll take the dropper off mine and fit to yours, then you have all the time in the world to sort your post”

Happily, we both have the exact same bike, so he’s got the Xfusion Hilo that comes as standard on the T-130 of our model. (I sold mine when i bought the Magura Vyron) So we’ll do that this afternoon now 🙂 I’ll then fit him a static post for a few days until i get the reverb off the new bike and that will then go into his and i’ll keep the Vyron 🙂 I know many don’t like the Vyron, but i do and i like the fact i can take it off and run a static post, which i do for 95% of my riding if i’m honest. So it’s a win win all round. Everyone happy.

If he doesn’t like the reverb i’ll buy him this for £100 and sell the reverb.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2017-X-Fusion-Hilo-SL-Strate-Dropper-Seat-Post-INTERNAL-30-9-125mm-270-MSRP/113289187251?epid=1237566423&hash=item1a608fcfb3:g:e9IAAOSwSlBYyh6S:rk:12:pf:0

weeksy

Well that all went swimmingly. Removed dropper and managed to route it through into my frame. Internal routing looks good but it’s a faff at times.
    New cable and setup and that bike is ready.

My mate then shows me the few bits we’ve got to do on his, pads, rotors, jockey wheels, gear inners and gear outers lol. Nice. Some quality time in the garage and his is all done too, just need to fit him a reverb tomorrow now.

Deposit sent over for my bike from the buyer. Sweet!

weeksy

You’ll love this. I’ve just been sorting a new crank for the incoming orange t130 and bloke told me it’s a 170, so thought I’d check mine, both bikes have 1*170 and 1*175 fitted. Been like that for a year, completely different crank arms on both. Never noticed

simondbarnes

You’ll love this. I’ve just been sorting a new crank for the incoming orange t130 and bloke told me it’s a 170, so thought I’d check mine, both bikes have 1*170 and 1*175 fitted. Been like that for a year, completely different crank arms on both. Never noticed

You probably won’t notice the difference between old and new bike either then 🙂

Kryton57

Are you racing it on Sunday?

weeksy

No mate. Had surgery on Wed so banned

Kryton57

Ah right. Best wishes on the recovery.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Earlyish Whyte T-130 anyone in Berks/Oxon got a large i can ride ?’ is closed to new replies.