Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Earbud type headphones (sub £50)…
  • the-muffin-man

My daughter has requested Beats earbud type headphone for Christmas – she isn’t getting these as they are way overpriced and the reviews are terrible.

Now I don’t use headphones as I use a hearing-aid, but are any of the sub £50 earbuds headphones any better than the standard Apple ones?

johnners
    Free Member

There have been a few threads on this in the last couple of weeks, it’s probably worth trying a search. My personal choice of budget earbud would be the Soundmagic E10.

chakaping
    Free Member

Soundmagic E10.

+1

johnners
    Free Member

constructed using trombone material[/i]

Is that better than BAM and Unobtainium?

razorrazoo

Another vote for the sound magic here. The beats stuff I had was crap quality.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I had a pair of Soundmagic ear buds but the positioning of the control was in the wrong place for me. The positioning of the control on apple ear buds is perfect for me, the soundmagic ones had the control at chest level.

Might be important, might not.

scotroutes

the-muffin-man – Member
    My daughter has requested Beats earbud type headphone for Christmas – she isn’t getting these as they are way overpriced and the reviews are terrible.

I think you’re completely missing the point here. Anything else you buy will be “wrong”. Stop being so precious and buy what she wants.

the-muffin-man

I think you’re completely missing the point here. Anything else you buy will be “wrong”. Stop being so precious and buy what she wants.

There’s always one!

I think you know nowt about my relationship with my daughter – we’ve already discussed it.

a) I’m not spending £90 on headphones she’s liable to lose.
    b) I’m not spending £90 on style over substance headphones.
    c) sometimes kids need to be told, not pandered to. 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

a) I’m not spending £90 on headphones she’s liable to lose.

In that case I wouldn’t be spending £50 on them either, go to TK Maxx and pick something up there. I take it she’s a young teenager if she wants beats so sound probably isn’t going to be a major issue.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m with the OP. My son wanted Beats headphones. I refused, I explained why, style over substance, paying for celebrity endorsements etc. We compromised by getting the in ear ones for his MP3 player, they were heavily reduced and some Sony Bluetooth ones to use with his phone.

scotroutes

In that case I wouldn’t be spending £50 on them either, go to TK Maxx and pick something up there. I take it she’s a young teenager if she wants beats so sound probably isn’t going to be a major issue.
    [/quote]
    Yep. And you can get Beats for £40 or so anyway.

samcuk87
    Free Member

I love the fit of the Apple ones. Ive tried loads but nothing is as comfy as the Apple ones.

Get her some AirPods!

Pieface

Go wireless.

I always though BT earphones were pointless, but then I rarely listen to music. Since getting a dog though I started listening to more music and realised that cables are a PITA

koldun
    Free Member

I’ve been through a few pairs of Sennheiser CX300II’s now. Very happy with them.

Cougar

I’ve been through a few pairs of Sennheiser CX300II’s now. Very happy with them.

Aside from their longevity, presumably.

the-muffin-man

Yep. And you can get Beats for £40 or so anyway.

Where from?

And are they legit?

allfankledup

ME Electronics M6 Pro

or TaoTronics

I have those – both v. good, recommended on here and worth the pennies

Jase
    Free Member

Got my daughter Beats ones and they lasted about 10 months of not much use.

thehustler
    Free Member
    arogers
    Free Member

RHA – UK (Glasgow) company making fantastic quality stuff cheaper than most of the major brands. I have 3 or 4 pairs, the oldest of which must be pushing 8 years old. They all still work, just in various stages of tattiness/clogged with pocket fluff.
    RHA

koldun
    Free Member

Aside from their longevity, presumably.

Ahahaha, nah i’m sure they last fine if you actually treat them well. The last pair still work but the cable is a bit frayed so i replced them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Earbud type headphones (sub £50)…’ is closed to new replies.